Home » Comedy Movies

– JULY –

Knight & Day
Starring: Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, Peter Sarsgaard, Maggie Grace, Paul Dano
Director: Lee Unkrich
Release Date: 2nd July 2010

comedy-2010-movies-knight-and-day.jpg
His Tropic Thunder cameo showed Tom Cruise do comedy, so now with his career still reeling after the Scientology madness, feature comedy seems a sensible direction to try out. Hence Knight & Day, which centers on a lonely woman (Cameron Diaz) whose seemingly harmless blind date suddenly turns her life upside-down when a super spy (Cruise) takes her on a violent worldwide journey to protect a powerful battery that holds the key to an infinite power source. The title sounds like it belongs to an 80s sitcom, but I like the madcap energy of the trailer.

Dinner For Schmucks
Starring: Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Zach Galifianakis
Director: Jay Roach
Release Date: 23rd July 2010

comedy-2010-movies-dinner-for-schmucks.jpg
From the director of Austin Powers and Meet The Parents comes the tale of ‘an extraordinarily stupid man who possesses the ability to ruin the life of anyone who spends more than a few minutes in his company’. It’s a remake of the 1998 France black comedy The Dinner Game, which was about friends finding the most pathetic guests possible for their weekly dinner party.

– AUGUST –

The Other Guys
Starring: Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, Samuel L. Jackson, Dwayne Johnson, Eva Mendes
Director: Adam McKay
Release Date: 6th August 2010

comedy-2010-movies-the-other-guys.jpg
Ferrell and Wahlberg play NYPD detectives working in the forensic accounting department who rarely see any action. They idolise the city’s top cops (Dwayne Johnson and Samuel L. Jackson), but when an opportunity arises for them to step up, things do not quite go as expected. Previous Adam McKay-directed Ferrell movies Anchorman and Step Brothers worked well and I expect Ferrell’s manchild will play nicely off Wahlberg’s macho aggression.

Lottery Ticket
Starring: Bow Wow, Ice Cube, Brandon T. Jackson, Natari Naughton
Director: Erik White
Release Date: 27th August 2010

Best Comedy Movies 2010
A young man living in the projects (Bow Wow) wins $350 million in a nationwide lottery, then has to survive a three-day weekend after his opportunistic neighbours find out he’s holding the ticket. Yes it’s one of those movies where you’re going to sit in the theater for 2 hours feeling jealous of the main character. It Could Happen To You and Lucky Numbers show that lottery movies are v.forgettable.

September 2010 >

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

• Tass said

the other guys is hilarious, its good lines from the start to the end,. But cop out really sucks

• maddambutterfly said

We need an apology from the ‘artistic’ people of the world who are seriously not holding up their end of the deal.. Sweet lord this crap coming out on the screen is hoooorrrible!, all bad! it’s depressing & soooo boring! I can’t remember the last time I was touched, inspired or moved to belly laughter by a great movie..c’mon people, a little imagination..

• Handtomouth said

Guys,your forgeting about GROWN UPS oh,AND OLD DOGS, both HILARIOUS

• Handtomouth said

Oh,by the way,Hangover dosent count as comedy,its TERRIBLE, and its so sick,and stupid

• moges said

the best movie of this year is i guess The Other Guys specially the good cop bad cop thing

• Madi said

Grown Ups is at the top of the list, along with Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I saw it with my younger sister a while back. I know it’s childish, but it’s cute and funny… 🙂

• Chessalyn said

Hey what up??? Old Dogs was mentioned on here (the comments) and yea I do agree, also Grown Ups is at the top of my list. I loved the part where Roxanne is packing for Milan, and she yells @ the nanny and the nanny says oh no Mr. Fedar says I need to study for the big finals. And Roxanne is like what finals??? And the nanny is like, IDK you tell me!!!! He keeps handing me books!!! Lol busted out laughing.

Long story short I LOVE Grown Ups!!!!!!
    ~Chessa

• Nate said

Hummm Le Diner de cons (Dinner for schmucks) french comedy of 1998 is a black comedy now ?

• LukeM said

Due Date was perfect but The Other Guys with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg is definitely the comedy of the year, there are some scenes I almost made sh*t into my pants 😀 😀 😀