Get Him To The Greek Soundtrack11.06.10 # Soundtrack # 48 Comments
The Get Him To The Greek soundtrack. Ah, Russell Brand. Confirming what every American secretly thinks of British people, with his impressive vocabulary and his ridiculous effeminate prancing. Thanks a lot Russ.
This soundtrack was an opportunity for one of two things: either a Spinal Tap-esque parody album of genuinely funny songs poking fun at musical bohemoths like Oasis or Bowie, or a surprisingly good legitimate album in its own right (which, since people like Carl Barat and Jarvis Cocker have provided material, isn’t completely out of the question).
Unfortunately, Russell Brand is a comedian (sort of) not a singer, and an actor (kind of) not a front-man, and whilst he’s not exactly bad (in the same way that the guy who picks up an acoustic guitar at a house party and starts playing his version of Paranoid Android isn’t exactly bad) he seems to be concentrating more on singing well than on singing humorously for the vast majority, which results in an album that doesn’t take itself seriously but doesn’t really try very hard to make you laugh either. But then, if you want to make people laugh, you get Michael McKean, Jack Black or Jemaine Clement to write the material. Not Carl Barat.
Brand certainly doesn’t take all the blame though: his musical accompaniment is seriously weak throughout, sounding like the off-cuts from some not especially talented session musicians. At times, it sounds like a collection of Avril Lavigne B-sides. And not the best B-sides either. The ones that don’t make it onto the B-side album. On the upside though, the best moments sound like not especially good Libertines B-sides.
Ultimately, what could have been a really funny one-off album sounds more like one of those lame film star side-projects. This is the Dogstar of soundtracks.
Get Him To The Greek Soundtrack (Songs) – Track List
1. Just Say Yes [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
2. Gang Of Lust [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
3. Furry Walls [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
4. Going Up [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
5. Bangers, Beans and Mash [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
6. The Clap [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
7. I Am Jesus [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
8. Riding Daphne [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
9. F.O.H. [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
10. Yeah Yeah Oi Oi [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
11. African Child (Trapped In Me) [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
12. Little Bird [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
13. Searching For A Father [Explicit] – Infant Sorrow
14. Supertight [Explicit] – Jackie Q
15. Ring ‘Round [Explicit] – Jackie Q
Leave your thoughts on Get Him To The Greek and the Get Him To The Greek soundtrack in the comments. If you’re looking for a particular song leave a description and someone normally replies.
Also Check Out: Top 10 Most Ridiculous Movie Sex Scenes