Top 20 Best Movies Of 2011

New: Top 20 Best Movies 2011 -Let’s explore the best movies of 2011. Ok 2011’s top movies didn’t enjoy the sort of buzz that surrounds next year’s big titles, but there was still plenty to get excited about. We’ll run through our favourites, then mention a few that almost made it. This is the best of 2011 at the movies –

20. Crazy, Stupid, Love
Starring: Steve Carell, Julianne Moore, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Analeigh Tipton
Directors: Glenn Ficarra, John Requa
Release Date: 29th July 2011

Best Movies 2011
A happily married family man (Carell) is shocked when his wife (Moore) asks for a divorce. Now he’s trying to manage the relationship with his kids while finding himself thrust back onto the dating scene. When he realises he’s too deeply uncool to pick up women he enlists the help of a stylish life coach (Gosling). The directors of I Love You Phillip Morris (who wrote Bad Santa before that) bring something wonderfully subversive and entertaining to the ‘marital crisis’ sub-genre. This has the honesty of a good indie movie with the appealing gloss of a Hollywood picture.

19. Fright Night
Starring: Anton Yelchin, Colin Farrell, David Tennant, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Toni Collette
Director: Craig Gillespie
Release Date: 7th October 2011

Best Movies Of 2011
Star Trek’s Anton Yelchin is Charley, the young man trying to convince everyone that a deadly vampire (Colin Farrell) has moved in next door. Soon he turns to gothic celebrity Peter Vincent (David Tennant) only to discover he’s not the fearless supernatural guru he portrays. Christopher Mintz-Plasse plays Charley’s best friend ‘Evil’ Ed, and Toni Collette is the mum. The 80s original was an enjoyable, well written comedy horror. This has upped the stakes with a near perfect cast of fun actors, and Farrell is on career best form as the despicable, yet faintly bored, vampire. The sharp script knows how to have fun, without ever losing its intensity.

18. Super 8
Starring: Joel Courtney, Elle Fanning, Kyle Chandler, Ron Eldard
Director: J.J. Abrams
Release Date: 10th June 2011

Best Films 2011
Set in 1979, this is a homage to Spielberg’s ’70s and ’80s science fiction films, written and directed by J.J.Abrams. It tells the story of a group of small-town teens who are filming a home movie on their super 8 camera when a train derails, releasing a dangerous presence into their neighbourhood. E.T., Close Encounters, Goonies, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park all have story threads or shots lifted from them, and while some might think it overdoes the tribute this is ultimately nostalgic for a style of filmmaking that is sorely missed.

17. Thor
Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins
Director: Kenneth Branagh
Release Date: 29th July 2011

best movies in 2011
When heir-apparent Thor (Hemsworth) arrogantly ignores his king’s (Hopkins) wishes, he is stripped of his powers and banished from the fantastical realm of Asgard. On earth, Thor must learn humility before his treacherous brother Loki seizes the throne in his absence. This is one of the best movies of 2011 because it was a difficult character and world to introduce to live-action, and Marvel did a very good job. It never strays too far into cheese, and Marvel’s gamble that Kenneth Branagh would bring some Shakespearian gravatas to the court of Asgard paid off. Hemsworth is excellent as Thor.

16. Captain America: The First Avenger
Starring: Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Sebastian Stan, Hayley Atwell
Director: Joe Johnston
Release Date: 22nd July 2011

good movies 2011
During World War II, skinny Steve Rogers (Evans) volunteers for an Allied research project which turns him into super soldier ‘Captain America’. Soon he is up against Red Skull (Weaving), Hitler’s head of weaponry, who intends to use a tesseract as an energy-source for world domination. This is an enjoyably old-fashioned adventure set apart from other comic book movies by its ’40s atmosphere. The set pieces serve the narrative rather than the other way round and its filled with enjoyable, shaded performances.

15th Place >

The Best Movies Of 2011

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

• HRH Imphonia Khan VI Hewit Dynasty said

I Must Say Coming From A Royal Family I still enjoy watching these movies at the Local Cinema. One of my favourites and i recomend is ”Arthur” It was actually a rather touching movie. It is about this young heir billionare of a company called Bachworldwide. His Last name is Bach and he is not those greedy,smart and intelligent one but is a drinker,party and funny boy\man. His father died and passed it on to his mother. his mother and her son (heir) are not very close but he is still in the will to become heir. Thus,His nanny and houseworker of his apartment cares of him and in the end dies of illness. She takes the role of his mother and takes fully care of him. the movie shows aspect of Love,Romance,Comedy:p The Heir Billionare is also forced to marry another well off girl but he falls inlove with a young not so well of girl. Its very sad but ends hapy too

• KayJayA7X said

I have watched 7 movies in cinemas this year.

1)Kung Fu Panda 2 (Funny and entertaining. Great for kids.)
    2) Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Well worth the 3D graphics. Cool animations.)
    3) Source Code (Intriguing concept.)
    4) Insidious (Downright scary. This movie gave me nightmares for at least a week.)
    5) X-Men: First Class (I know I ranked this too low. But it just isn’t THAT appealing to me. I’m not an X-Men fan anyway.)
    6) Scream 4 (I rarely watch horror, but this is good.)
    7) Sucker Punch (I don’t think its even worth my ticket money.)

Just putting down my opinions. :DDD

• Neil said

Uhh….. Twilight and Transformers should always be on top I think. Witchcraft movies are becoming a scarcity this year. I still love movies like “practical magic” and “The Craft” and “Initiation of Sarah” etc. etc. And I have been sorely disappointed with the entire harry Potter series. The kind of visual effects I had imagined while reading the book has been far superior to the ones the directors could imagine lol. I guess I should get into the special effects industry to bring movies up to the scratch. πŸ˜€ Well, nevertheless, this is a good list.

• Thom said

Wow, if movie-compatibility could ever go into negative numbers I think you and I could achieve it!

• jay said

5. Transformers
    4. Harry Potter
    3. Rise of the Apes
    2. Super 8
    1. Sucker Punch

• Floyd said

i put potter first. other than that acceptable.

• ebs:D said

I LOVED X-Men First Class. All the X-Men films are so well thought out, clever, entertaining and I just love Hugh Jackman.. πŸ˜›
    All the X-Men films I would happily watch all night! haha. But seriously watch First Class it’s so much better than you’d expect! I always think that if there is a 7th or 4th film of something it gets worse each time, But X-Men is always great to watch! πŸ™‚ The twists all the way through it are superb!

• musicman said

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2,

2. X-Men First Class,

3. The Smurfs

• Ann R said

I need a good movie.. any Idea’s? C:

• selfminted said

damn all the movies in 2011, they clearly suck except for a few ones like Adjustment Bureau…..looking forward to 2015, hollywood should have gotten back their movie senses.

• Katie said

My Favourite movie is not on the top 20 it is Monte Carlo πŸ™‚ If you watch it. Hope you like it πŸ™‚

• kayz said

ol wat i wanna say: its awesome, i love u all guyz u really make nice (handsam) moviez.

• joseph said

harry potter is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!

• joseph said

super 8 was the best movie i had ever seen

here are my favorite movies 2011 :

4.transformers
    3.harry potter part 1
    2. harry potter part 2
    1. super 8

• Ross said

I have been looking and reading on other websites, that people have been damning Christopher Nolan. Please, oh please tell me why is he the anti-christ of all Directers at present. Personally i think hes a breath of fresh air from current directers, dont get me wrong, i love watching Steven Speilberg, Peter Jackson and now Jon Favreau. But there hasnt really been many truely original films out lately, just alot of films that are a great cash in. Inception, to date is still one of my favourite films along with memento, prestige and the batman films. You see, it may all be cgi heavy and alot of people again damning this, but get real its the 21st century, get a massive grip of yourselves, how else is Film going to evolve?!?
    Back to Nolan – i read a comment saying Nolan is going to be like M.Night Shyamlam and crash! I can strongly say that wont happen! Nolan should be recognised as a truly fantastic directer, its time alot of people understand that his Film and films to come are and going to be epic!

Last word: Does anyone agree that Pirates of the Carrabean shouldnt have been produced by Disney? It had all the potential of being a very dark and epic film if it was given to a directers say like Zack Snyder or Guillermo del Toro?

Sheridan Passell

It’s just the inevitable backlash but it’s not actually based on anything. The Dark Knight was somewhat over-praised (was it really that much better than Batman Begins?) but every film he’s made has been nothing short of excellent. With M. Night, his decline was obvious within 4 movies. Nolan has made 7 great movies back to back.

(M. Night’s early movies hung almost entirely on great twist endings, each ending made the movie before it worthwhile. When Signs came along there was huge buzz trying to guess what the ending would be and that was a big part of the fun. But then he ran out of ideas, dropped the twists – huge mistake – and his career went to sh*t.)

• Ambra said

i think that fast five should definitely be included in the top 20….
    my top five movies for 2011 are: