10 Not-Yet Famous Actors Who Got Killed In Horror Movies

2. Johnny Depp in A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)

Famous Actors
For a lot of people (and for me until recently), this would have been the be-all-to-end-all pre-fame celebrity horror movie death. It’s just a spectacular early demise for today’s biggest star. Young Johnny, in practically his first foray into movies, struggles and calls for his mother as the bed sucks him in. It’s horrifying.

I remember imagining myself being dragged into the bed screaming for my mum when I first saw this scene at age 7. Even now, it’s the one that affects me the most – more than Tina’s death scene which I know is a favourite of the guys here at Movie-Moron. I’ve decided to use the video with the additional deleted footage where Johnny’s body is returned to the bed, out of interest. For me, this is less scary than nothing returning because you assume Depp gets liquidised as opposed to drowning in his own blood… or was he drained? Did he blend? Who knows. Enjoy.

And at Number 1. I had to do it. His appearance in this film is just too classic and when I tracked down his death scene, I was like “HOLY SH*T!!!”. I give you…

1. Crispin Glover in Friday the 13th Part 4 – The Final Chapter (1984)

Here is why Mr. Crispin is legendary in my book:

Ahh it’s f*cking hilarious – he looks likes he’s directing traffic while really needing the toilet. It doesn’t matter whether it was intentional or not (it’s my feeling that it was), he made himself stand out in the film despite not being the main character. And his death – f*ck. It’s so brutal. A corkscrew through the hand and a machete to the face.

Which Pre-Fame Actors Survived Their Horror Debut? >

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

• Jason said

Sam L Jackson in Deep Blue Sea (dies)

• Sunil said

Jeremy Renner dies in 28 Weeks Later.

• Spencer Goodyear said

Don’t forget George Clooney in From Dusk Till Dawn (he survives), as well as John Hawkes is briefly in From Dusk Till Dawn (he dies)

• Kin said

Unless The Surgeon was a bear, Kristin Davis met a “grisly” death.

• Surface Noise said

How could you forget Shannon Elizabeth in Jack Frost? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg8Rm0ajj_0

• MICHELE said

Maybe everyone knows this, so it’s irrelevant… But Jamie Lee Curtis was a newcomer in the original Halloween.

• Ben Dick said

Y’all forgot Paul Rudd in Halloween: The Curse Of Michael Meyers

• kurt kidder said

Not a horror but Sylvester Stallone in Death Race gets blown up by a “Hand Gernade”.

• Lynn said

The Fury was a great flik – but weird ending.

• Cory said

Let’s add some color to this topic:

Samuel L. Jackson (Deep Blue Sea) – dies in epic fashion.
    LL Cool J (Deep Blue Sea) – survives
    Pam Grier (Scream Dracula Scream) – survives
    Omar Epps (Dracula 2000) – dies
    Kelly Rowland (Freddy vs. Jason) – dies
    Angela Bassett (Vampire in Brooklyn) – survives

• Pat said

Eva Mendez – Children of the Corn V
    Ben Affleck – Buffy the Vamp Slayer

• Dario Bava said

My addition:

John Travolta melts in The Devil’s Rain (1975), he also plays in Carrie (1976)

before Margot Kidder got her role of Lois Lane in Superman, she played in Brian De Palma’s Sisters (1973) and Black Christmas (1974)

Brooke Shields is murdered during her first communion in Alice Sweet Alice (1976)

Sam Neil played grown up Damien in Omen III: The Final Conflict (1981), the sam year he played in drama/horror movie Possession together with beautiful Isabelle Adjani

Jennifer Connelly in Dario Argento’s Phenomena (1985)

Patricia Arquette first appeared on the big screen in A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987), where we can also find Lawrence Fishburne

Lara Flynn Boyle in Poltergeist III (1988)

Paul Rudd in Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)

Charlize Theron gets it in Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest (1995)

Clea DuVall in Little Witches (1996)

Naomi Watts again in Children of the Corn: The Gathering (1996)

Josh Hartnett, Michelle Williams and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)

Rainn Wilson in House of 1000 Corpses (2003)

a lot of actors survived the Horror 🙂

• Tresix said

By the time Gellar had done “I Know What You Did…” and “Scream 2”, the “Buffy…” TV series was in high gear.

• Jim B. said

Even before “I Know What You Did…”, “Scream 2”, and “Buffy”, Sarah Michelle Gellar had a couple of high profile TV gigs, winning the Young Artist Award for her role in the series Swans Crossing and a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series for her role in the soap opera All My Children.

• Scott P said

Although 1984’s “The Terminator” is cosidered more of an action movie then a horror movie there’s plenty of horror in it.

Bill Paxton plays a punk rocker with a blue mohawk who get his heat ripped out by Ahhhhnold.

• Jake said

I’ll be honest.. I had no idea Johnny Depp was in Nightmare on Elm Street or that Kevin Bacon was that guy in Friday the 13th.