Terminator 5 To Bring Back Sarah Connor?

Terminator 5 News
The Terminator franchise will be back, because Hollywood loves a franchise, and it absolutely will not stop, ever, until it is dead.

The next instalment of everyone’s favourite time travelling robot assassin saga is set to come to you from Justin Lin, director of the past few Fast & Furious movies. Lin has been praised by fans of that franchise and the genre in general for his kinetic and (mostly) CGI-free action sequences, but criticised for his actual storytelling skills and character work. So, while expectations for the next Terminator movie are fairly high as far as the action is concerned, but there isn’t as much optimism for the actual story, much like the last two films.

However, Lin has gone on record saying that he’d like to reintroduce a missing ingredient from the first two films into his take on Terminator – Sarah Connor. The mother of John Connor, the future leader of the human resistance against the machines, was played most recently by British actress and Game of Thrones star Lena Heady on the TV show The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and originally portrayed by Linda Hamilton in Terminator and T2: Judgement Day. It was revealed in T3: Rise of the Machines that Sarah had died from cancer, so presumably some wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff would have to go down to bring her back.

Alongside Ellen Ripley, Sarah Connor is probably one of the most revered sci-fi action heroines in cinema history. What do you think of her potential return to the big screen?

Source: Empire

Our Latest Review - The Purge: Anarchy

• tomy said

she’s back to terminator, it’s great i really love All terminator movies

• J.D.W. said

I did’nt think all of the Terminator movies were bad, but that third one was a bit of a disapointment to me.
    Hopefully this fifth installment will be better, but the question is..”Will Linda Hamilton do it?
    Because she is getting up there in age.

• Karl said

Linda Hamilton has been playing a mother, assasin role in the TV series Chuck for the last while. She seems quite old and I would think she would have to get back to the gym to get her fitness level up if she was to come back and do the role.

I’d like to see a 5th Terminator but they ruin everything. The 3rd one ruined it. It was too short. T2 was over 2 hours where as Terminator 3 was just barely over 1 and half hours. There is so much storyline that can be used with this franchise, it would be nice to see it done justice with good special effects, good action, loveable characters and great storylines. Funny lines that aren’t too over the top cheesy. Anrie pulled it off with the 1st 2 movies.

• Troy Reed said

I would love to see Sarah Connor make a much needed come back. Please tell me “She Be Back!”..

• Julie Norvell said

I would always welcome Sarah Connor in a Terminator movie, but only if she is played by Linda Hamilton. To me she will always be Sarah. No other actress will cut it. It’s like remaking the Wizard Of Oz without Judy. Who would do that and why. I’m still sad they passed over Edward Furlong.

• alex said

Haha I like what you did with the first line

• Stacy said

I have always thought they undervalued Sarah Connor’s charachter in the more recent films.

I’ve always been a big fan of Linda Hamilton and I would love to see her in the movie. But, I have to admit, Lena Heady really knocked it out of the park on the Sarah Connor Chronicles. Lea was amazing and I would also be equally happy to see her reprise the role in the movie. Game of Thrones is such an overwhelming success that she might even have the clout to snag the role.

P.S. Christian Bale rocks.

• Joseph said

I want Sarah Conner to be in the next Terminater movie.

• T-900 said

Sarah Connor didn’t actually die in T3. She faked her death and stored the coffin with weapons. They lightly described it in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. She’s also in the future, in at least one of the Terminator books.
    In T1 & T2, they had the same time-line, but they stuffed that up in T3, by introducing an alternate future. (They also, incorrectly referred to the CYS-101 [Arnold’s flesh-likeness over a T-850 Endoskeleton) as a T-101) :-/