Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans Soundtrack26.01.09 # Soundtrack # 5 Comments
There’s always room for a werewolf film, especially a werewolf film with a kick-ass soundtrack. The Underworld 3: Rise Of The Lycans soundtrack isn’t it, but I’m just saying – if someone wants to make a werewolf film with a kick-ass soundtrack, as opposed to 16 tracks of insanely over-mixed break-beat-dub-core-schlock, that’d be alright by me.
Every song on here is a bastardised remix of the original, and that’s fine, if the originals are by Gilby Clark and Power Station. If you’ve got The Cure and Maynard James Keenan working together, what in God’s name are you doing remixing it?? That’s like bringing Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale together to make Batman and then having it re-cut by McG. In other words – not prudent. Not prudent at all.
They’ve got Perry Farrell! Perry Farrell! And they’ve allowed him to be remixed by some dolt called Renholder, whose remix skills seem to extend to plastering ridiculous breakbeats over everything and making genuine alternative rock greats sound like useless nobodies. He’s remixed a Deftones track! What the hell are you doing remixing a Deftones track?! They’ve got their own instruments, let them do the arrangements! Anyway, it’s really predictable, it’s a bit dull, but it is fairly atmospheric if you like dark breakbeats. But please, if you buy the Underworld 3: Rise Of The Lycans soundtrack, buy an album by Jane’s Addiction as well (Nothing’s Shocking is particularly awesome), or Deftones (Around The Fur ain’t half bad), or even The Cure (I just bought Disintegration, and it’s fantastic) just to redress the balance. And hell, get yourself a Power Station album too – if they’re good enough for the end credits of Commando, they’re good enough for you.
And you’d better buy yourself a picture of Kate Beckinsale’s ass too, because without that Rise Of The Lycans has lost about 90% of its re-watch appeal. (No offence to Rhona Mitra’s ass, but come on, you’re second best).
You can buy it here
Underworld 3: Rise Of The Lycans Soundtrack (Songs) – Track Listing
1. Lighten Up Francis (JLE Dub Mix) – Puscifer
2. Underneath The Stars (Renholder Remix) – The Cure (f/ Maynard James Keenan/Puscifer and Milla)
3. Nasty Little Perv (Renholder Remix) – Perry Farrell
4. Hole In The Earth (Renholder Remix) – Deftones
5. Miss Murder (VNV Nation Remix) – AFI
6. Over And Out (Renholder Remix) – Alkaline Trio
7. Deathclub (Wes Borland/Renholder Remix) – William Control (f/ Matt Skiba)
8. Board Up The House (Renholder Remix) – Genghis Tron
9. Stiff Kittens (Jnrsnchz Blaqkout Remix) – Blaqk Audio
10. Broken Lungs (Legion Of Doom Remix) – Thrice
11. Today We Are All Demons (Beneath The World Mix) – Combichrist
12. I Want You To – Black Light Burns
13. Two Birds, One Stone (Wes Borland/Renholder Remix) – Drop Dead, Gorgeous
14. Let’s Burn King – Black Acid
15. Tick Tock Tomorrow (Wes Borland/Renholder Remix) – From First To Last
16. Steal My Romance – Ghosts On the Radio
Leave your thoughts on the Underworld 3: Rise Of The Lycans soundtrack in the comments.