Top 10 Werewolf Movies

5. Ginger Snaps

Ginger Snaps Poster

Directed by John Fawcett, Ginger Snaps focuses on two sisters who have a deep routed fascination with the macabre. Soon one of them is nibbled by a you-know-what and issues of extreme sibling rivalry and unquestionable love come to the fore.

It’s unusual for having two girls in the lead roles, and uses lycanthropy as a metaphor for teen angst and puberty.

A clever, thematic indie that deserves a place in any collection, not just horror.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

• selu said

i’ve seen several of the films you’ve mentioned, and I agree in the fact that some of them are authentic masterpieces of this genre…but after seeing the whole list and reading all your comments i feel that the public has not been just with one of the greatest werewolves ever, Jacinto Molina, well-known as Paul Naschy who acted in more than 130 terror films..he spent all his carrer bringing into life all the terrorific monsters of the horror scene, for instance, dracula, the mummy, the hunchback, murders, among others..but the most special one was Waldemar Daninski, the famous werewolf who is perfectly aware that a curse has been put on him and he tries to fight against it in order to be a “free man”. Waldemar is the main character of 13 films (the first one filmed in 1968, and the last in 2004). I’m writing just for those who don’t know him to watch some of his films.it’s sad that the spanish people have never supported him as he deserved, but today, once he’s dead, they are realizing how great it job was!!!!

• selu said

this link is perfect to know who Paul Naschy was in depth!

• salyjay said

dear frined iam asking for amovie long time ago about boy who rise with wolfes and when he grow up he eat human and fall love with agirl so please help me for finding it please thank you

• charlie said

how isnt dog soldiers no.1 its 100 times better than all of the above seriously what a joke and i am quite shocked that american warewolf in paris aint on the list is alot better than american warewolf in london

• Patrick said

All that movies are awesome!!! but i think ”Cursed” should bee on the list =3

• Jeff said

You nailed it ,that the best list I’ve seen on the net ,you got it right .

• Jeff said

I don’t care what anybody says An American Werewolf in London is the best werewolf ever made. ,for three reason 1. The perfect mix of comdy 2. The great transformation without CGI .and the great music.I,m watching it right now . And it still stands up .plus the woman is hot .

• Xoxol said

American werewolf in paris?

• Alvin Anderson said

Dog Soldiers was definately the best Werewolf movie in decades. I was really surprised when I saw the movie because I had seen a few stills of the werewolves and wasn’t impressed with the wolves but in the movie the creature effects work. I said it was the “Aliens” of Werewolf movies. I have a copy in my DVD collection and enjoy sharing it with friends who haven’t seen it. I’m grateful I got to see it on the big screen in a film festivle. It was well receieved by the audience. Rumors of a sequel have been going on for years but I’d rather have the stand alone great werewolf movie that sad attempts at sequels like the Howling series.

• Rick said

Great list, overall I agree with it, BUT… I’m a little surprised there was no mention of Bad Moon. Still, love the lists here

• A.E,soccer said

wow these posts are so old i just wanted to post something to see how many yeara its been since the last person posted on here 😛
    i also love werewolf movies!!

• Horror lover said

Brilliant list. Funny enough, I made my own Top 10 Werewolf list for my website and it ends up being really similar to your, only I replaced Curse of the Werewolves and Werevolves Company by Underworld and Skinwalkers, did you see the latest? It is quite good.

• iAlias said

Someday someone is going to read this list who hasn’t seen An American Werewolf in London. You blew one of the best scares in cinema history with that completely unnecessary spoiler.

Sheridan Passell

Alright it’s been edited to be more vague, but when a film’s been around for 30+ years it’s a bit silly to complain about fairly small spoilers. Do you complain whenever someone mentions that Darth Vader is Luke’s dad, Empire Strikes Back came out at the same time as this.