Wanted II – Sequel Plans

wanted-pic-mcavoy-pops-a-blood-vessel
Wanted is far from guaranteed financial success this weekend, but a Wanted sequel is already being written. In fact, screenwriters Derek Haas and Michael Brandt (3:10 To Yuma and the forthcoming A-Team) were hired to start on the job way back in September.

wanted-comic-book-pictureWanted’s source material has been Mark Millar’s 2003 six-issue comic book miniseries of the same name. Millar won’t be writing a second miniseries for the comic, but he says “they’ve asked me how I can develop some of the other stuff from the [existing] book into the sequel.”

The first movie has already departed from the comic book considerably. As Haas explains, the comic was set in “a world where super-villains had rid the world of superheroes. It was sort of a mafia story told against that backdrop… [When we were adapting Wanted 1] as the comic became crazier and crazier, we tried to keep the script grounded.”

One thing we do know is there’ll be much more Terence Stamp in Wanted 2. He plays a rogue agent in the first film, operating outside of the fraternity. It’s a small, enigmatic role, but Stamp’s gone on record that “it’s something that’s written for a sequel”.

Millar boasted on his site this week “We’ll see what box office is like at the weekend, but everyone knows this is going to make a LOT of dough.” There certainly seems to be a great deal of confidence going around.

Source: Latino Review

Get The Latest Updates On WANTED 2, Sign Up For The Newsletter
[x]

Also check out: Villains In Dark Knight Sequel

NEW: Funniest Animated Gifs About Movies

Arnold Rave
Arnold Rave

Arnold Rave David Hasselhoff Mo Naked Hoes Chariot Sam Jackson Saving Private Ryan Picard 300 Webcam The Matrix Origami Jedi Van Damme Band Willy Wonka In The Shining

• Susan said

I didn’t know that there was going to be a sequal. Angelina was so good in it as was James McAvoy. Do you have any idea when it will be out?

• mostakinali said

yas……….

• r j 30 said

Wanted is tha best movie I ever in my life. I really hope there is a wanted 2 and when will it b coming out somebody please let me know way better than any of tha matrix movies! Soooorrryyyy!

• r j 30 said

I’m sOoooooorryyyyy!

• angelina fc said

I love Angelina Jolie

I love Angelina Jolie
    I love Angelina Jolie
    I love Angelina Jolie
    I love Angelina Jolie
    I love Angelina Jolie
    I love Angelina Jolie
    I love Angelina JolieI love Angelina Joliev

• Dario said

The movie wanted is one of the best action movies of all times. Is going to be hard to replace angelina jolie though. One of the acctress that could fit angelina’s shoes would be megan fox.

• chris said

Well Angelina Jolie won’t be in the next cuz she died at the end of Wanted. Did ya’ll not watch the whole movie or what? Well unless the movie is a prequel. Then James McAvoy won’t be in it.

Sheridan Passell

Don’t forget there are the healing baths, they have said they would bring her back using those if a sequel was made with her in the cast.

• Wantedfan said

But they were not able to use the healing bath to save the Russian rat trainer who died with a body shot?

• jamed28 said

I also think it will be much better if Angelina Jolie will be back in this second film. But you cannot blame her, since the offer in Gravity film is much bigger where she will play the lead role. Unlike in this one, she will be a support for McAvoy.

• roderic said

Ive seen this movie like countless of time already. Definitely one my favorites of all time.
    I really hope that they they make a sequel for this. Or matter fact, A TRILOGY.