Top 10 Star Wars Quotes (and what makes them great)

5. “Great, kid. Don’t get cocky”

Top 10 Star Wars Quotes

Film: Episode IV: A New Hope
Who: Han Solo to Luke Skywalker
What makes it great?
Han Solo: The late 70s embodiment of everything boyish from his school boy wit, to his gangster bravery. A character so stylish, so cool, so smooth and rude that any woman would throw themselves at him (even stuck up princesses with feminist qualities). He’s the big brother we all wish we had, and never is that personified more than during a bit of two player co-op against a wave of tie fighters. “Great Kid. Don’t get cocky” has all the begrudging praise an older brother is ever likely to give, yet contains the first all important glimmer of respect we crave from our older siblings.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

• AS'HOLELA said

oBI wAN TO ANAKIN EPSIDODE 3:

“you WERE the chosen one, it was said you would destroy the sith, not join em.”

Very symbolic quote. an irony in itself. Indeed, in episode 6 anakin as darth vader did indeed destroy the sith (by throwing sidious down the pit), but IT WAS OBI WAN, WHO WAS MISTAKEN.
    Qui Gon was right after all.

• Jack Simmons said

I still think there are some awesome quotes from Revenge of the Sith despite what others before me have said:

“It will be done my lord” Clone Commanders during Order 66
    “Well then you are lost!” Obi-Wan to Anakin
    “Ironic isn’t it? He could save others from death, but not himself” Palpatine to Anakin
    “I am the Senate!” Palpatine to Windu
    “Execute Order 66” Palpatine to Clone Commanders

• Josh said

Star Wars never did subtle; ESB, alone, did subtle.

• Onkodjinn said

I dunno about #1. to me it always felt like taking the cheap way out. i don’t think it illuminated the weakness of anything but itself. especially considering that it was originally a sith lord that discovered the way to live eternally (according to episode 3 i believe).

the jedi (as the polar opposite of the sith) were every bit as incorrect as they claimed the sith to be (its like being atheist- those with faith dont KNOW for certain that there is a god but make the assertion that there is- atheists make the assertion that there isn’t when they can’t prove their point of view either).

there is no such thing as good or evil anyway. without “darkness”, there would be no reason to appreciate the “light”. if you never got hurt, how would you know when something was pleasurable? if you fell in love but had never experienced heart break, how could you tell you were in love in the first place? there is no up without the down.

• wamprat said

i agree with the humour aspects. the new movies, although they are good, are all special effects and massive fight scenes that lack the subtle and ironic humour that the originals contain making them far superior.
    thanks for the list and the reasons as well 😀

• Rich said

OK i have looked around for Star Wars quotes and none have what has to be the most famous line “You don’t know the power of the dark side”

• mat said

NO, I AM YOUR FATHER OMFG ARE U PPL RETARTED

• pj said

great list here’s two

Padme Amidala to Bail Organa:
    So this is how liberty dies…With thunderus applause.

Chancellor Palpatine to Anikin:
    I have the power to save the one you love.

• Matt said

IT’S A TRAP

thats my favorite line

• Matt Coakley said

You missed the one that I live to this day by Yoda. “Do or Do Not, There is no Try”!

• diploc3po said

Excellent.
    I was looking for the best quotes and your thoughts guided me away from the most “attractive” ones.
    If you like critical comments, and I assume you do, even more could be said about number six. We should comment.

• fanboy st1r said

You do not know the power of the dark side !

• agree said

you all live in your parents basement you geeks >:(

• William A said

I think Count Dooku’s Quote from Episode III Revenge of the sith should be in there, “Twice the pride, double the fall” – which was a reply to Anakin Skywalker “My powers have doubled since the last time we met Count” – During their Battle.

• reader said

I have to agree with quote #1. I’ve always felt that Obi Wan’s words were inspirational. Sometimes people have an effect after death more powerful, inspirational, and permanent, than they would have in life.