The Dark Knight Sequel (Batman 3) – Potential Villains Gallery

As we ponder who the final line up of villains in the Dark Knight sequel (Batman 3) will be, here’s a picture gallery of the options, with a short explanation of who they are.

Leave the combination you think they’ll pick in the comments, and we’ll give a prize to one reader who gets it right when the movie is released. Update June 2011: We now know it’ll be Bane and Catwoman with a touch of Ra’s al Ghul, but who else is going to make a cameo? The winner will be the one who gets closest on all fronts, with an obvious advantage to anyone who guessed Bane and Catwoman before they were announced (if anyone did…).

Which villains would you like them to choose for the Dark Knight sequel?

The Riddler

The Riddler

Obsessive compulsive who feels compelled to leave riddles forewarning of his future crimes. Also places victims in death-traps, with puzzles their only form of escape.

Source: Wikipedia

Click ‘Next’ To See The Next Villain

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

1,888 Comments »

• lance said

I’d like to see poison ivy and harley quinn with the joker in the 3rd dark knight

• NICHOLAS T said

NOLAN HAS A WAY OF CHANGING BACK STORY FOR VILLAINS TO SUIT A MORE REALISTIC BELIEVABLE MOVIE. TWO FACE DID NOT GET ACID THROWN ON HIM NOR DID THE CLOWN PRINCE FALL IN A TUB OF ACID. IT WAS MAKE UP ON HIS AND WAS NOT PERMANENT SMILE. I THINK THE CHARACTER THAT NEEDS THE LEAST STRETCH INTO FANTASY IS **BANE**. A WASHED OUT WRESTLER HOOKED ON EXPERIMENTAL STERIODS, CONTRACTED BY THE MOB TO CARRY OUT HITS AND ROBBERIES. MOST NOTABLE FOR BREAKING BATMANS BACK. AS LONG AS VIEWERS ARE NOT TAINTED BY THE HORRIBLE BATMAN RETURNS VERSION.

• aliiiiiiiiiiii said

batman should be the other villan or its stupid to bring the joker bck no 1 kan replace ledger …

• Ricky said

its either gonna be bane or Mr. Freeze

• T-Funny said

I say don’t bring two face back right away. Joker is evidently at arkham. Be cool with like the next one have two face make subtle appearances, like causing robberies and people saying that Dent is alive, until the end of the movie…Boom, Batman and two-face meets again, somehow.

Riddler be cool in it, but can’t think of who would be good to play him.

Harley Quinn would be awesome in it.

• hank said

its gonna be riddler and two face…dent’s dead but 2 face not…hugo strange would be a great villian or black mask would make sense with the way they used the mob in the last one

• Colin said

Look they wont make the mistake of poison ivy or Mr. Freeze again thats for sure.

So I am going to have to go with the Riddler and Harley Quinn

• yg_redd said

i think that they should bring back the riddler mr. freeze and the joker all in one action packed sequel where the riddler is out to expose bruce wayne and the joker escapes from prison with the help of mr.freeze who wants to kill batman for shutting down his cryo company…

• travis worth said

i think the should do the riddler and have penguin play a small part but have bat man after riddler dent is dead the jokers locked up but threw out the hunt to catch riddler a twist at the end of the movie happens they catch riddler but an explosion happens at the same prison jokers at from the back seat of a police car riddler says its not over and its left open for another movie where the joker n riddler work for penguin i think they should find a ledger look a like thats just my idea

• Doug said

I’m going to go down a differnet path than most people. Nolan has actually said that he specifically choose the villians from Batman Begins because they havent been featured in other Batman movies. I agree it is best to stick to this. The Joker was well played in The Dark Knight and should be left alone (Quinn included). Villians such as Riddler, Poison Ivy, Penguin, and Freeze should not be redone. I instead feel that that the best path to go is with a villian that was done wrong in his last appearance and a villian never introduced before. Anyways here is what I think and why.

BANE: Powerful villian, is hired by someone to kill Batman for his ransom. Fights him and defeats him, leaving him for dead. AT first he become praised by the citizens for getting rid of the bat, until he goes a crime spree himself.

AZRAEL: Uses the defeat of Batman as an attempt to be the new savoir of Gotham. In public he acts like a hero and seeks to defeat Bane and all criminals in the city. He is revealed at the end to secretly have hired Bane to defeat Batman so he could step up and take control of Gotham.

Once Bruce Wayne figures out that Azrael and Bane are working together, he works to get stronger. Upon healing completely he sets out to defeat Bane and Azrael.

If you want you could throw in Catwoman as a love interest in order to make Bruce’s heart heal. Or as a sidekick to assist him with defeating Azael and Bane. Talia-al-Goul will do for this a s well though. Or not at all if they wanted to have him go it alone in a badass type of against the odds fight.

In the end though, Gotham citizens realize that Dents death and all the alligations against Batman were false, and that Bane and Azraels actions were devious. Essentailly, it creates an envirnoment were people realize that they need Batman. His victory at the end can be sort of an acceptance of this. He becomes the good guy again and isn’t viewed as a vigilante.

Anyways, that’s my idea. Just something different that I thought I would throw out there. All other villians seem either too cheap to do or have already been done before. I believe it’s time we start seeing more from the Rogues Gallery than the same 6 villians over and over again.

• Andrew said

I am so happy someone finally thought of
    Talia Al’Ghoul besides me. She will definitley want revenge for the death of her father. I think that it is safe to say the Riddler will be in the movie. I also think that Black Mask will be in the film to tie in with the mob. The Penguin could possibly be in the film (with the mob), but not a big part. The Scarecrow will most likely return, hopefully in a larger capacity.

My cast is:
    The Riddler, Black Mask, The Penguin (small role), Talia Al’Ghoul, and Scarecrow (probably, but hopefully not, small role)

• Rory said

I know who it will be…

The Riddler
    Black Mask and Two Face

• Jacob said

I would love to see Penguin, Poison Ivy, or Catwoman. All three would be GREAT!

• Annis said

I really wish, and could definitely see Harley Quinn coming and breaking The Joker out of jail, as I would love a continued plot focusing around the Joker, and hopefully even found out some things about who he really is, but seeing as Ledger is dead, I seriously doubt this will happen and if it does, I promise it will be a true disappointment. NO ONE can replace Ledger. NO ONE.

But the likely situation is that they’ll take the Riddler and create a new plot for that specific film. If only Ledger was still alive. =[
    RIP Heath Ledger.

• Annis said

Also, quite honestly, throwing in Catwoman as a kind of anti-hero could really have the potential of creating something cool, somehow tying her in to the philosophy introduced in The Dark Knight with the whole “hero” motif and hope for the people of the world.
    Not sure how exactly, but I can definitely see Catwoman appearing and giving the plot a twist, as opposed to each movie just being focused around a new basic story involving a new villain.