Top 10 Actors Who Died Before Seeing Their Final Movie

8. Clark Gable: 1901 – 1960

celebrity-deaths-clark-gable-died-pic

Nicknamed ‘The King of Hollywood’, Clark Gable is synonymous with the word ‘iconic’. He starred in 67 films including Mutiny on the Bounty, and Gone With The Wind, and the Oscar statue for It Happened One Night probably used to sit next to his toilet. Gable was set to be showered with praise and rave reviews for a memorable performance in The Misfits, co-starring Marilyn Monroe. But it was prayers he was to receive instead. On November 16th, 1960, Clarke Gable died from a heart attack soon after shooting was completed. He was 59.

< 9th Place          7th Place >

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Latest Review - The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

• mitchsn said

Orson Wells not on this list?

Last movie was…

Transformers : the Movie…the animated one. He was the voice of Unicron the big planet eating robot!

OK so IMDB also lists 2 other movies post mortem as well…but those were released in 87 and 99…Orson Wells died in 1985.

• Dawn said

Thanks Sheridan, that clip on James Dean was cool!
    I agree with MissyvonDoll about River Phoenix, it still breaks my heart that he died so young.

• M said

I’m sick of hearing about brandon lee and the crow.He would not have been a “big star” end of story.

• Keith Allan said

o___o Brandon lee died on the day I was born. O_O

• deitrix mantooth said

Dee Fairchild in ” The Vampires Mistress” overdose…

• David said

There’s one glaring omission here. What about Marilyn Monroe’s death in August 1962 shortly before filmimg wrapped for her final movie, ‘Something’s Gotta Give’

• Doyle said

What about Chris Farley?

• Manda said

I don’t know how you can have this list without adding Heath Ledger who won a posthumous Oscar for the Dark Knight…someone needed to edit this writer…c’mon.

The list was written in response to Heath Ledger’s and Bernie Mac’s deaths. Read the intro!

• Tioqo said

May you rest in peace to the greatest of the greatest of entertainment greats in the industry. But I only pray that these living actors find peace in our world where there is constant pressures from all over.

It’s a dog-eat-dog world that always sees actors looking at drugs as a solution to ease the pressures of the entertainment world. For those who died of natural causes, it’s a tragedy as well, but I also pray that those still living learn a lesson from the past and Find God as their source of strength.

• Leelee said

Brandon Lee, forever in my heart!
    I love the Crow, and have the action figure!
    People said that his death was used in the movie,but that was lie (Thank God) The tape where it was registered, was burned.
    even better!
    Brandon will remain alive in my heart, just like River Phoenix!
    Watch THE CROW isn’t like a good-bye for me, because i can see him how many times i want… he’s happy in heaven with his father.
    Miss u!

• Leelee said

River…<3 . <3
    Ich liebe dich so sehr…so, so sehr!

• Lauren Glenn said

Heath Ledger prompted this list and his final movie was actually worth seeing.

Alleyah’s final movie was, as you put it, not something worth seeing and neither was Brandon Lee’s movie. You say that it was career defining and honestly, many other people said the same thing. I saw the movie in the theaters and the only reason I saw it was because of the tragedy, but I still want my money back as it wasn’t that good.

At least, Enter The Dragon was worth seeing.

• Myron said

James dean may have lived fst and died young but he died befor hies time his sprirt will live on his memeroy will live on in our hearts

• Joker said

@ Lauren Gleen – Enter the Dragon is worth seeing but the Crow isn’t ? Are you serious? The Crow is one of the greatest super hero movies of all time! Correction: Probably the greatest super hero movie of all time.

• Gary said

You forgot Marty Feldman A British comedian who was throughout British TV He made movies like Silent Movie and The Last remake of Beau geste. But during the filming of Yellowbeard, he suffered I believe a stroke and they had used a stunt man close to his size to fall into a vat of acid.