Home » Remakes

Remakes

Upcoming Movie Remakes New List (up to 2020)

The Blob
Miss Bala
Pet Sematary
The Upside
What Men Want
X-Men: Dark Pheonix

Also See: SEQUELS, TRAILERS

Which upcoming remakes between now and 2020 are you looking forward to most?

Get our NEWSLETTER for REMAKE UPDATES & NEW GUIDES:

• Viehan said

Starship Troopers remake! The Starship Troopers saga is messed up.

• Anthony LaScala said

I hate re-makes, I hate superhero movies and I hate re-makes of superhero movies!

• craig said

please remake cooley high. that movie was and is the best young black movie in the history of black films period. this movie has to be remade on the real. cooley high is the bomb.real talk.

• maria said

i just got word there is a possible remake of this movie in the works, 🙂 so your wish is my command!

• CRAIG said

ANOTHER MOVIE THAT SHOULD BE REMADE IS LET’S DO IT AGAIN WITH BILL COSBY AND SIDNEY POITIER. I THINK WARNER BROS. PRODUCED THE MOVIE AND IT CAME OUT IN THE 70’S. THIS MOVIE IS FUNNY AND IT HAS A BUNCH OF TWIST AND TURNS.PLEASE REMAKE THIS MOVIE BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL LOVE IT.WATCH THE ORIGINAL ON DVD OR BLU-RAY.I’M SERIOUS YOU’LL CRACK UP.REAL TALK.

• Abe Takahashi said

I don’t see a problem with most remakes. TMNT, Spider-Man, Dredd, theses movies are built upon a generational franchise that bridges gaps between our parents, us and our children. In a way, they’re timeless because they are evolutionary in the way the characters are written. However, taking original and dated movies such as Red Dawn, Footloose, Karate Kid. These movies and the characters in them, the ideals that they represent during the time they represented them, are in fact timeless as well. Think how bad a remake of Casablanca would be if they tried to do an update on it.

The biggest problem is that we aren’t helping. Only by boycotting these remakes will Hollywood stop messing with our childhood classics. Let me ask. How pissed would you be if they remade The Goonies? #BoycottRemakes

• Janis said

I do not mind the Superman remakes and such….

It is the movies from the Golden Age of Hollywood…A movie that has had the greats in them…Joan Crawford, James Cagney…

Also Johnny Depp has made Tonto look like an idiot…

Today they do not so respect for the classics…make them a laughing stock.

• Robert B said

I boycott remakes automatically. To me re-makes are very tiresome!

• Sean said

I’m not watching anything until they stop washing everything in cyan blue and blinding me with lens flairs.

• CRAIG said

REMAKES ARE ALRIGHT AS LONG AS IT’S DONE TASTEFULLY AND NOT JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL.SEQUELS ARE EVEN BETTER.FOR EXAMPLE HOW ABOUT GETTING BAD BOYS 3 STARTED JERRY BRUCKHEIMER AND COLUMBIA PICTURES.EVERYBODY WANTS TO SEE THIS MOVIE MADE.Y’ALL PLEASE STOP PLAYING AROUND AND GET WITH WILL AND MARTIN AND LET’S DO THIS.ONE MORE BAD BOYS PLEASE,I LOVE BAD BOYS 2 THAT’S MY FAVORITE MOVIE HANDS DOWN,MICHAEL BAY IS THE BADDEST DIRECTOR ALIVE.MAKE IT HAPPEN.REAL TALK.

• Fire Wrath said

Just read Spielberg wants to remake Grapes of Wrath. Surprised Hollywood do that to a movie with Fonda in it. Isn’t he a God to them?

Still, was a great movie. No, need to remake they just should put the original in the theater. That is what they should do instead of remakes put the originals in the theaters!!

• chad e myers said

So one movie that I’m sure we all grew up on and that would b a awsome remake would b THE NEVER ENDiNG STORY. Plz sombody get this out there so maybe a producer will take it into consideration and also another one would be LEGEND.the old movie with tom cruise.just sayn those would b some awsome remakes right there

• CRAIG said

How about remaking CUJO.I know the movie is based on a Stephen King novel.But I loved this movie and think that if remade it will draw alot of viewers to the theather.Just the thought of a huge St.Benard attacking a stranded mother and son in a broke down car is fascinating.This being 2013,I know the suspense and action would be highly anticipated by movie-goers.Think about remaking CUJO.REAL TALK.

• CRAIG said

REMAKE CUJO.THAT WAS AN AWESOME MOVIE AND I KNOW IT WILL GROSS TONS AT THE BOX OFFICE.THE ORIGINAL WAS OUTSTANDING AND IT WILL BE HARD TO BEAT.PLEASE DO A REMAKE OF CUJO.ST.BERNARDS RULE!DO THIS REMAKE,AUDIENCES WILL LOVE THIS MOVIE.

• Stephen said

DID I HEAR SOMEONE SAY REMAKE OF JAWS?!!!
    I have been a movie lover for 40 years. When I was young, I was mostly into horror. I grew up with Michael Meyers, Jason Vorhees and one of the greatest swimmers Hollywood ever met, JAWS! I saw JAWS in the theater.
    Remakes to me are awesome! They bring back my childhood and make it fresh again! I agree they should let a movie age at least 20 years or even 30 before doing a remake, but I see nothing wrong with adding today’s tech and maybe even twisting the storyline just a bit to give it a little extra surprise.
    The original JAWS was a true classic and always will be! But they had troubles in the production of the film. The yellow barrels, if I understand correctly, wasn’t originally in the script, but were added because the shark wouldn’t work. The barrels were awesome! Great and scary effect! Keep that! But c’mon JAWS fans! Wouldn’t you like to see what Mr. Spielberg can do with that story in 2014? I know I would! My daughter’s sick of hearing me whine for a JAWS remake!
    My only complaint about movie remakes is if they take a classic which may be rated a mild PG-13 or R for violence or one short dirty scene of course, and they add a lot of extremely strong language and more sex scenes thats wasn’t in the original version. The 2010 version of Piranha is a great example. Great job making that movie but way too dirty! I would like to share these movies with my grand kids since I grew up on them. I let my kids see scary. Scary is fun! But I prefer not to share Debbie Does Dallas with them. Nudity and bad language are fine if thats what a person wants to see and hear, but we have p*rn for that. Think of the kids and lets make some scary movies BABY!

• Naes said

Don’t remake The Crow. Some films just do not need to be messed with.

• Shawn Goripow said

I think they should make a remake of Ultraman… That would be pretty sick and they haven’t been talking about it for years and years.

• Sean said

…a remake of Ben Hur you say?

For today’s audiences they might as well have it be a spoof with a title like, “Been Her, Done That”.

…sigh