Movie Moron
April 18, 2014, 04:43:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John Carpenter's The Thing ...On A Budget  (Read 6198 times)
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« on: August 29, 2008, 09:23:01 AM »

One of the best (horror) movies ever made, just got ...even better?

dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 02:12:40 PM »

This deserves main page. It's brilliant. Like what I made in Jr. High only they worked much harder, SO hilarious.

Favorite parts: "Norwegians", "I'm smarter than the average bear", the cute brunette chick who can't quit smiling through her lines, the brilliant Wilford Brimley impressions, the autopsy scene, and the fact that I think they're Canadian so there wasn't even enough black people to wranke up a token black friend to play Giles.

Awesome.

Oh, and their FX on the walking head were awesome, almost as good as the damn original.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 05:48:37 PM »

I was concerned that unless you know the film well it would seem like gobbledygook.
...Oh well, who cares, the site is already 100% elitist. Up it goes.
Tyler Lovemark

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 08:34:32 PM »

Awesome.  I loved the Norris scene.  That head actually didn't look too bad.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »

If you enjoyed the 6 minute version, here's the 15 minute version:

Tiger

tygervamp@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 10:45:02 AM »

This is fantastic!

The best thing about this video for me, besides the bit with the surgeon and the guy laughing in the background, is that it reminds me so much of Carpenter's earlier film, Dark Star.

I just grabbed it from my DVD collection just now and I plan to watch it sometime today!

If you haven't seen Dark Star I highly recommend it!  Grin
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:00:43 AM »

Glad you liked it Tiger. I keep meaning to watch Dark Star, the trailer looks very amusing, I just can't get my head around a John Carpenter comedy.
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 03:38:03 PM »

What about Big Trouble in Little China?
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 07:34:37 PM »

I kinda see that as action-adventure with some comedy in it. But you're quite right.

By the way aren't you in Peru now or something?
mrestive

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 08:41:05 AM »

Hey guys,
I sent an email to Sheridan last night stating this, and he suggested hitting up the forum.

I was checking my youtube account and noticed  our sweded version of 'The Thing' got a spike in hits. So I came to find it posted on this website, which is awesome. We're stoked you guys like it!

As you may or may not know, this was for a film contest out of Austin Tx. We placed in the top 10 out of 140-150 something entries. If you guys liked ours, I highly suggest checking out the Terminator 2: low budgement day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mTCgIHpQXE). It was one of my favorites... I still quote it today ('HEEEYY, RAGING WATERS!). The winner of the contest, Beastmaster, was also funny. If you guys have any questions about the insanity that was the production of this ridiculousness, please let me know!

So I can't go quietly until I show you guys our latest film contest entry. This contest was called 'Unnecessary Sequels'. The premise is to make a sequel to a movie that doesn't have one, and probably shouldn't.... with the stipulations of an assigned genre (we got comedy), using a Joker card prop, using the phrase 'This time, they're back for more', and having it be under 5 minutes. Our movie of choice was the 1987 cult classic 'The Monster Squad'. The contest closed a few weeks ago, and we ended up with second place. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwEAj4WLZQU

-Mario

ad4m22

chainguncharlie@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 01:08:33 PM »

That was brilliant! I usually hate things like this, but it was handled so well and the FX were phenomenal.

It reminded me of "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace" - and that's some high goddamn praise.

You did miss a trick, though - when the brunette chick leapt in behind the guy playing Kurt Russell, he should've just stared at her and said, "You're a woman."
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 01:30:57 PM »

That quality, my fave bit has to be the toy dogs with silly string shooting from their bodies, bloody hilarious.

The next scream you hear could be your own
Tori

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 03:36:10 PM »

I love how they used pacman as cells, seriously great work Cheesy
Tyler Lovemark

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »

Just saw the Terminator 2 piece.  It was awesome.  The effects frenzy is quite spectacular, and their clear love for the movie really shines through.
Mahmoud El-Azzeh

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 06:53:07 PM »

The Thing and the T2 Swede were just f*cking hilarious! I'd never have the patience to recreate all of this though..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: