Movie Moron
November 01, 2014, 07:04:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas Chainsaw Massacre saga, my thoughts and comments on all 6 films!!  (Read 8637 times)
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« on: August 31, 2008, 06:36:29 AM »

Now with the first film, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I am not going to say much, because everyone knows it is such a classic, Tobe Hooper had so little to work with and made a masterpiece, he is a legend from that film! and people seem to forget that Kim Henkel wrote and produced the film too, much respect and credit to him as well!!!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre part 2, Tobe Hooper directed that film and L.M. Kit Carson wrote it.  Bill Mosely is in it (from Rob Zombie's films). This movie has alot of comedy in it, Which is pretty funny sometimes, I enjoyed Leatherface's personality.  But the movie had no real horror in it.  I have read some articles about all the comedy in the film and that was Hooper's and Carson's intentions.  Imagine what the fans thought at the time when the movie was released?  They were problay pissed, I am only 24 so I was too young know about the hype during that time, but there was problay some upset people!!  But over all I reccommend this film to whoever is a Tobe Hooper and Leatherface fan, the family members are pretty creepy and erie in this film, the original dad from the first film is in it and Bill Mosely (Rob Zombie films) plays the brother, but sorry no Gunner Hansen to play Leatherface.  And to all you Dennis Hopper fans, he is in the film and he plays the cop seeking the family, He really sets the movie off, you gotta see his determination in this movie, its great!!!!! So defintely get it and watch it, the movie is like a comedy paradoy of the first one and its written by the one and onley Tobe Hooper!  Its pretty funny, like in the words of my friend Jarred, " its great cheese!"

I also liked part 3, it is titled Leatherface The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3. This film is not a comedy, it is a nice break from the sequel. Good horror for sure!  It was written by David J. Schow, he has written and done the screenplays for the The Crow, Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning, a couple Master of Horrors and a couple of The Outer Limits episodes, thats is just to name a few!  It was directed by Jeff Burr, who has directed a couple of the later Puppter Master films and Pumpkin Head 2.  Part 3's plot really didnt connect with the two previous films, but it has its own plot with a new story about a creepy family in the middle of the woods.  The movie has Viggo Mortensen in it (from Lord of the Rings), he is one of the family members, he is a great addition to the legacy of the Chainsaw Massacre saga!  He is just plain crazy in the movie, just like a Chainsaw family member should be, he is a very talented actor and it really shows in this film.  Ken Foree (from the Rob Zombie films) is also in this film, He was a badass mofo too, he is not one of the family members, he is one of the people being hunted by the family members, but I am not goin to spoil too much, you gotta watch it yourself!!!!!!  The movie also has a child member that is pretty active with the family's cruel treatment to their dinner guests.  This is the only one that has a child of the family actually participating in the horror!  But I am not goin to tell too much, I hate to ruin a movie for anybody!  Overall this is a great film, I highly recomend this to any true horror fan, especially to any Chainsaw Massacer fan!  The movie was very good for its time, with great performances from the cast!  Watch this movie for sure!

I also digged part 4, it was called Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Next Generation.  The film was written and directed by Kim Henkel, he co-wrote and produced the original Chainsaw Massacre with Tobe Hooper, and produced the new ones along with Hooper and Michael Bay.  Like part 3 it didnt follow along with any of the previous story lines, it was once again a story about a pyschotic family living out in the middle of the woods.  This film had Mathew McConaughey and Renee Zellweger in it.  McConaughey plays one of the twisted family members, he is a strait pyscho in this film, his performance is out of this world incredible.  I enjoyed every minute of his role, you gotta see it, he made this movie GREAT.  Renee Zellweger plays one of the teens being terrorized, she is pretty kick ass in this movie, she doesnt take any shit, I really enjoyed her performance!  There are some things in this film I didnt like though, for one thing Leatherface doesnt kill anyone with a chainsaw, I mean what the F?  Its the Texas Chainsaw Massacre for crying out loud!  I'm sorry for ruining this fact for you, but I gotta express my feelings on this!  Plus at the end of the film some crazy plot twists come into play which kind of throws the movie off balance.  But Overall this movie is very well worth watching, McConaughey's role in this movie is outstanding, he is defintely one of my favorite Chainsaw Family members out of all six films! WATCH THIS MOVIE!

Now with the remake, I really enjoyed this film, there is alot of heated disscusion about Michael Bay's production company Platinum Dunes redoing old horror films, but i am not going to get into that right now,(check out my topic discussion about Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes remakes on the bullentin board of the Horror Corner section of this site!! write me your thoughts back!)  The movie is written by Scott Kosar a new talented film writer that is starting to establish his mark into the film industry, he also wrote the screen play for the Amityville Horror remake.  The Director of this movie is the very talented Marcus Nispel, He has also directed Pathfinder and the upcoming Friday The 13th film.  I really like his style, he doesnt use alot of brightness, he chooses to use darker and duller colors to illuistrate an erie and creepy setting.  He seems to use his artistic visions in a powerful way!  This film was so good, it brought back the origanl terror from the first film for newer and older generations to expirence for the first time and for others to relive once again.  The Family members were casted so beautifully, they were choosen very well, they all brought in their own ideas to create and establish the characther the were casted for.  The uncle was played by the great R. Lee Ermey, he created so much terror for this film, most of the things he does and says in this movie came all from him.  He pretty much made up all his own dialog for his character for this film, and couldnt of been done any better.  Choosing Ermey for this movie was the best idea EVER!!!!  The other family members made great additions to the legacy of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre family saga.  The teenagers were casted very well too, Jessica Biel, Eric Balfour and Jonathan Tucker did such excellent jobs, and brought real life to this film!  I liked how the movie stuck to the original plot of the original film, but portrayed it in a different way for their own new version, because they cant totally copy what was done before.  The begining of the movie when they pick up the hitch hiker is a different scenerio than the first.  They didnt try to redo the scene like from the first one when they picked up the brother/hitch hiker, because they said that scene from the original is a masterpiece that cannot be redone, so they left it be and tried a different scenerio.  In which I think was totally horrifing, I wont get into what happens just in case you havent seen the remake. Everything about his film was great, from beginning to end!  Overall this remake is REALLY good and I highly reccomend this film to all horror fans!!  Watch this film and you should be very pleased!

To the final installment of The Texas Cainsaw Massacre saga.  This film is titled The Texas Ciansaw Massacre the Beginning.  It was written by Sheldon Turner and David J Schow(he also wrote the 3rd one as well).  It was directed by Jonathan Liebesman who directed Darkness Falls and the upcoming film The Killing Room.  This movie was really good and it went into depths of the history of the family.  This is problay my favorite one out of all of them (but honestly I cannot choose!).  I love how it stars off with Leatherface's birth.  The movie gets into why the family lives around no civalization, the things they do, and how they got to that point.  It gives you a more of an understanding of where they're coming from.  Once again Platinum Dunes did an excellent job on casting.  They brought back the creepy family members from the remake, and as always R. Lee Ermey does an outstanding job!  They also did a great job on casting new young talent, Jordana Brewster, Mathew Bomer, Diora Baird (who can scream like a champ) and Taylor Handley to play the roles of the teenagers being terrorized.  This movie has a terrific start and a badass finish, it is so well worth watching, Go watch it right now!!  GO!!!

Well I really appreciate you taking your time on reading my thoughts and comments on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 6 film saga, I REALLY hope to hear your feedback and opinions on my reviews for these films, negative or positive I dont care.  Because these are just my opinions, doesnt mean they are right!!

Thanks alot!

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS

dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 04:00:51 PM »

I had no idea there were so many of these films. So crazy; there's also COMICS!

Alright, so ... I have to admit I'm a little worried about these and don't want to see them (the sequels I mean).

The reason is, the first is not a sequel movie. There is no further character development and really only one plot option: re-hash the same one.

Now, in the case of Friday the 13th, that works. Cause it was intended and ONLY intended to scare the shit out of teenage girls so they'd cling to thier teenage boyfriends and get them laid after the movie.

In the case of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, they made a masterpiece. Literally, completely, without hyperbole ... now, they did it not BECAUSE of Tobe Hooper, but by counter-acting his lameness (by "they" I mean the rest of the crew).

I watched this film for the first time just a few months ago. It wasn't the kind of flick I was allowed to watch as a kid, and when I was older I made the mistake of watching the awful remake (I guess that shows my take on the new Michael Bay-produced remakes!) and it put me off of the entire franchise.

On recommendation from this site I rented the original and popped it in my computer while I surfed the net ... and lost myself completely in the story. So much so that, after it was over, my roommate told me he opened my office door (ruining the darkness), stood behind me, and left again with me EVER knowing he was there. And I didn't have headphones on!

If you watch the special features on the awesome double disk edition, you get interviews with the other crew. One of them, the guy who did the practical FX and gore, talked about how Tobe wanted to show the meat hook pop through the chick's chest. Now, the guy doing the FX is obviously this conservative Texan, and he was bothered by this, and so he made the excuse of "well, if you do that than the audience will be so caught up in how it was done it will take them out of the story."

Brilliant. It's thoughts like this that make masterpiece films. I'm not saying that fun films like Friday the 13th suck ... they're just not art. TCM is art. It's absolutely mesmerizing in its intensity and raw emotion, and cathartic death note in response to Vietnam. Gothic beauty. I really can't say enough about it, I really truly love this film.

I've avoided the sequels because, from the footage and word of mouth, they seem to be "fun" horror flicks ... and as much as I like those, I can't stand to see a film I love so much be reduced to a marketing scheme.

Now, that's pretty biased, I have to admit. But knowing where I'm coming from, which one would you recommend me trying?
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 05:05:44 PM »

Wait, you're supposed to get laid watching Friday The 13th?

I am owed big time.

T.Ross, yeah Texas Chainsaw 2 must have been the most disappointing sequel when it came out (except perhaps for Exorcist 2). The change in tone is really odd. It's still bizarrely kinda fun to watch, and has one top class jump scare.

I enjoyed part 3 quite a bit. I think you have to be a real horror fan to get anything out of it, but it was a solid production.
Tyler Lovemark

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 06:08:37 PM »

I love the original.  Unfortunately, I didn't find the remake that great.  It wasn't disturbing or that terrifying.  The second one I can watch only if I'm in the mood for a good B movie.  It's nice, lighthearted, and funny to watch.  I'd never use those words to describe the original.

It's weird, though.  Texas Chainsaw Massacre seems to be like the oddball of the slasher movies.  It's not know for it's "schlocK", it's not known for it's suspense, and it's not really seen as a funny series.  Through the various installments I think you can see this sense of not quite knowing what the franchise is about.  For better or worse, the new entries do have a unity that the others don't.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 04:26:04 PM »

Here are some fun pics from the TCM films...

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 05:10:53 PM »

Some delightful gifs there.

The faces of Renee and Matthew on the front of Texas Chainsaw 4 are priceless. No hiding their shame.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 10:45:38 PM »

yeah they look funny,have you seen TCM 4?
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 04:25:51 AM »

No I never did, the trailer looked pretty horrible. Funnily enough I quite enjoyed Texas Chainsaw 3 though.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 04:17:25 PM »

No trust me the trailer looks so bad! Watch I strongley encourage you to do so! It is plain fun to watch! Mathew McConaugnhey's performance in that film , is my favorite of all his! trust me I think you would enjoy it!
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 11:13:13 PM »

Yo Sheridan, have u watched TCM 4 yet? (problay not)..? I think you should! (it seems like I command you to watch movies alot)
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 05:37:58 AM »

No, but I did see some of it on TV the other day, Matthew McC was battling with his own mechanical leg while trying to chase someone. It looked pretty bad, there was a lot of over-acting going on.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 02:47:40 PM »

I guess I'll have to watch it again, I thought he portrayed an awesoje pervormance in that film, one of my favorite from him...
dnwilliams

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 03:25:01 PM »

i always thought it was a bit sick to have movies like this based on true stories...
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 05:32:08 PM »

It's based on the story of Ed Gein but it is sooo different it might as well be based on the lunar landing.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 01:18:19 AM »

It's based on the story of Ed Gein but it is sooo different it might as well be based on the lunar landing.
       Alot of movies were based off the man Ed Gein, Hannibal series, TCM, Psycho, Deranged. The nain characters were tooken from traits of Ed Gein....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: