Movie Moron
November 22, 2014, 09:07:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghost Busters 3 announced!!!!  (Read 2470 times)
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« on: September 05, 2008, 02:08:29 PM »

About time! Variety reports that Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky (co-exec producers & writers on NBC's THE OFFICE) have been hired to pen the script for a new GHOSTBUSTERS film reuniting the original cast of Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson.

The article continues, "The scribes just wrote "Year One," a comedy that was directed by Ramis. Ramis with Aykroyd wrote the first two installments of the films. Ivan Reitman directed both the 1984 original and the sequel that was released in 1989. The close proximity between the writers and original Ghostbuster Ramis is evidence that the ghost chasers have sparked to the idea of returning. No deals will be made with the original cast until the script is ready, but the gross percentage will certainly be an issue. Sony has a standing policy not to allow more than 25% of first dollar gross out the door."

Early rumors indicated that Seth Rogen and Judd Apatow were possibly on-board for GHOSTBUSTERS 3 and that the film might see the "passing of the torch" from the original Ghostbusters to a new crew (which might include Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen). All of this is completely unconfirmed as of now, but... would be really, really cool!

As of right now, all that's official is that writers have been hired to write a GHOSTBUSTERS 3. Fingers crossed it all comes together!

-I didnt write this article, here is the link that I got it from, I just thought I'd share it with everyone!!!

http://iconsoffright.com/news/2008/09/who_ya_gonna_call_ghostbusters.html

-T.ROSS PRODUTIONS

Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 03:31:59 PM »

This is on the movie-moron front page in fact - http://www.movie-moron.com/?p=828

I can't imagine for a moment they will put the original cast back as the leads. They're just simply too old now. They'll have roles, but it's certainly going to be mixed up with the next generation of ghostbusters.

Can't wait to see it.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:48:43 PM »

Sorry didnt realize that it was on the front page!

I totally agree with you though!!!!  I think Apatow's buddies would be awesome roles for this film!!!

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS
MissyVonDoll

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 03:37:49 PM »

The original cast are going to look a bit silly reprising their old roles - they probably not as fit as they use to be - but it'll be cool to see them in the new movie training up new fresh face Ghostbusters.

I'm more worried about how they're going to redo the theme...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: