Movie Moron
September 23, 2018, 01:49:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FilmXTRA 7 - Lethal Weapon 5, Ghostbusters 3 and Much More!  (Read 4018 times)
TomPerkins

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 10, 2008, 03:17:57 PM »

Want up to date film news & reviews then this is the show for you!

This Episode - Lethal Weapon 5, Ghostbusters 3 and Much More!

Hope You Enjoyed The Show and Why Not Check Out the Latest Episode on YouTube.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 03:33:17 PM »

Great show. Fast paced. If they do make a Lethal Weapon 5 its quality is dependent on one thing and one thing only - Shane Black. Anyone who saw Kiss Kiss Bang Bang knows he's as good as he ever was. Without him it'll be absolute drivel (see Lethal Weapon 4, and its 'We Are Family' ending).
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 01:36:57 AM »

I really like your show and reviews, I have been looking forward to RocknRolla for a while now!  Cant wait to see it
Angel Orona

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 03:10:59 AM »

With the key element of screenwriter Shane Black, LETHAL WEAPON 5 could be some good stuff.  But my concern is that Warner Brothers doesn't seem to have a whole lot of respect for him since they almost literally threw away the superior KISS KISS BANG BANG and completely rewrote his script (where Riggs actually died) for WEAPON 2.  But he is one of my all-time fave writers and responsible for THE LONG KISS GOODNIGHT, which I consider an imperfect action classic, so I've got my fingers crossed.  However the one thing they MUST do is dispose of all those goddamn secondary characters (especially Joe Pesci) and make the film actually about Riggs and Murtaugh.

On the other hand, I've already got the bad mojo rising off of GHOSTBUSTERS 3.  The"protege" thing never works!  So now we'll be stuck with the genuine funnymen being overshadowed by the cast of pretty boys (and girls . . . You just know there'll be a girl this time) frrom GOSSIP GIRL, whose comedic timing is the equivalence of a fart at a funeral.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 03:22:36 AM »

I never understood why The Long Kiss Goodnight got bashed by anyone. I think people at the time just heard 'Renny Harlin' and went with the fashionable opinion.

The thing is Ghostbusters 1 (which still holds up supremely well) wasn't just a comedy, it was a hugely inventive spectacle. The writers of The Office? People who've never had to deal with a scale bigger than a cubicle? That says to me only the comedy element is covered here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: