Movie Moron
April 16, 2014, 09:53:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monsters Vs. Aliens 3D trailer  (Read 1760 times)
Dom Duncombe

View Profile Email
« on: January 06, 2009, 05:38:27 PM »

When it comes to computer generated animation, I am of the opinion that there are two groups of films. Those that were produced by Pixar, and those that weren't. Generally I don't bother with the latter category. However, after catching a few of the trailers for DreamWorks' next project 'Monsters vs. Aliens' I can say that I am definitely interested in seeing it when it is released later this year. They have brought together a stellar voice cast of comedy greats (including Seth Rogan, Hugh Laurie and Paul Rudd) and seem to have filled the movie with references to 1950s sci-fi classics such as 'The Blob' and 'Attack of the 50 Foot Woman'. So basically I'm intrigued.

As if that wasn't enough, they are promoting the fact that the film will be available in IMAX 3D by producing the world's first 3D television trailer to go out during the super bowl this year.

From IESB
This first-ever all 3D Super Bowl commercial break event will mark the debut of DreamWorks Animation's premier 3D movie trailer for its upcoming feature film, "Monsters vs. Aliens," which comes to theaters in the U.S. on March 27th.

In addition, the timeslot will feature a 60-second 3D SoBe Lifewater commercial marking the return of the ultra-hip SoBe lizards, who made noise during last year's Super Bowl broadcast with one of the most talked about spots. DreamWorks Animation's history-making 3D movie trailer was animated using Intel's latest, high-performance processing technologies and will be broadcasted along with the SoBe television spot at the end of the second quarter of the game, which airs on NBC on Sunday, February 1, 2009.

You can see the trailer for the trailer below.

Source: IESB
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 05:44:29 PM »

Ha, I just logged on to write about this. I've got some high rez images from a press release if you want them for front page.

This seems like a good idea, but I wonder if folks will bother to pick up the glasses and keep them til the Super Bowl.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:38:25 PM »

DJ, e-mail me the high rez images and I'll add them into the front page version. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: