Movie Moron
August 21, 2014, 06:08:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hostel 3 updates....  (Read 5212 times)
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« on: January 08, 2009, 01:30:52 AM »

One of the many rumors churned out mid-2008 positioned Scott Spiegel, executive producer of Hostel and Hostel: Part II, as writer and director of the third chapter in Eli Roth's torture-horror series.

This bit 'o news may have been true, or partially true, at the time - what ShockTillYouDrop.com learned over the last week is that Screen Gems is aggressively going out to writers now for Hostel: Part III which will debut on the DVD market. Sources tell us the producers are thinking about setting this entry in the States. Screen Gems, if you recall, has every right to develop a direct-to-disc follow-up as the company owns the home video rights and juggled those duties on the previous two Hostel entries.

What's this mean for Spiegel? Well, he might very well still be involved in a producer capacity, but we know for sure the writer's hat will be placed on someone else and we haven't heard his name being slung around when a director is discussed.

Link to article.... http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9077

I personally think they should just leave this franchise alone! Defintley not some direct to DVD treatment!

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS

Christian Sellers

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 03:33:35 AM »

I agree, leave it alone.  When even the filmmaker of the first two doesn't want to be involved you can kinda figure the idea should be left dead and buried

Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 03:34:54 AM »

Any sequel that debuts on dvd isn't worth the disc it's printed on.
Christian Sellers

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 08:29:12 AM »

Wrong Turn 2 was as entertaining as the original (average)

T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 11:56:17 AM »

Yes Wrong Turn two was an entertaing sequel. So is Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds, That movie is so cheesy and there are some outragous stuff that happens! I mean they pushed the borders with that film, at first I was like what the F is this, then I just laughed my ass off!!

But back to the Hostel subject, with the first one Eli showed the film through the eyes of the victims, with the 2nd one he showed the film through the eyes of the killers, I think that movie has shown us all it has to offer, makin a thrid installment will ruin its future legacy in a way!

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS
Christian Sellers

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 02:16:22 PM »

Yeah I see what you mean.  I disliked the girls in Part II but the story with the killers was really interesting.  Where to go from here?  And for all the Eli bashing that goes on he has a certain style and has created this little world within the Hostel movies and I'm not sure someone else could do it justice

T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 02:34:28 PM »

Why is there so much Eli Roth bashing? I really like his work and think he is very creative.

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 03:41:52 PM »

I don't get it either, he's one of the best horror directors working today. I loved Cabin Fever. I think he gets a lot of hate partly because he comes across as a self promoter to some people. I don't have any issue with it. His commentaries are really informative too, he really knows his genre history and can explain it very well.
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 05:15:40 PM »

I have staid away from Hostel simply because of Cabin Fever, easily the laziest, sloppiest, most boring horror movie I've ever seen (of course, I havn't watched alot of 80s slashers). It wasn't just the lack of coherent story, it was the fact that, at the very least, give me a ridiculous gross-out flick!  It was so tame. I was VERY disappointed. Although, my cousin's wife is friends with one of those hot chicks.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 07:03:22 PM »

Man, did we watch the same movie? Cabin Fever had a very original premise and execution for a low budget horror pic. And you thought it was tame?

Well IMDB users hate it too. 5.3 it has.

For me it was inventive, freaky, atmospheric, funny, haunting. Amazing score too by David Lynch's man Angelo Badalamenti.

It literally boggles my mind that people give a thumbs up to Wrong Turn 2 and thumbs down to this.
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 07:10:25 PM »

HA, I didn't see your comments before mine!   Dude, there are no weapons allowed in the room if we ever watch a movie together.

Cabin Fever is Eli Roth's flick about the campers who go to a cabin and all get that virus and the dude pours bleach on his dick and thae girl shaves her legs and her flesh comes off, right?  Yeah ... I dozed off twice while watching it and was literally shocked that he had a career after that. I honestly figured it was this long forgotten thing. I'm willing to give Hostel a chance I guess, but unless it's genius I'm still amazed taht Rodriquez and Tarantino took him under their wing.        I just think that I have a VERY different view of what constitutes a good horror film than most people. Or something. I don't know.    Um .... who's excited for Bloody Valentine 3D?   *raises hand*
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 08:07:05 PM »

Man I think that Cabin Fever was very original along with his Hostel flicks, I think when Eli Roth's next flick "The Cell" based off a Stephen King novel, will change some people's perspective on his directing style!
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 01:47:53 AM »

I was very excited for Valentine 3-D but the more the clips are coming out now, the less interested I'm becoming. The original was a mature horror, well thought out, well plotted. This looks silly and extremely conventionally staged, with a bunch of 'teenage hotties' flapping their arms around and screaming, talking in generic lines. It also doesn't look scary, the killer is not well shot. Sometimes clips can be misleading though... hopefully they just picked bad ones.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 03:02:11 AM »

Yes I feel you on that Sheridan, I think it looks a little stupider everytime I see a trailer, but I hear its bloody so that is a plus!
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 12:51:36 PM »

I haven't seen the original. If I had I'm sure I'd be in your camp. But any movie that uses the line "what says date movie better than a 3D train ride to hell" is officially worth a shot in my book. I like my horror on the fun end of the spectrum or the uber-serious end of the spectrum. Anywhere in between is officially the Budweiser of horror.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 11:50:58 PM »

The first one os goood, but I remake is not a bad idea. And that quote you mentioned sold me when I saw it at the theaters!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: