Movie Moron
May 22, 2018, 12:08:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Still Shatting His Pants About New Star Trek  (Read 5838 times)
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« on: November 24, 2007, 02:04:19 PM »

William Shatner has become pretty vocal since being told he wasn’t in J.J. Abrams’ reboot of the Star Trek franchise. And he shows no sign of quietening down.

Despite the Lost supremo offering a part to Leonard Nimoy, Captain Kirk was left off the invite list. Perhaps it has something to do with Kirk being killed in Generations?... Then again Spock died in Wrath Of Khan, so what does that mean.

The Shatner vented to Extra TV this week: “How could you not put one of the founding figures into a movie that was being resurrected? That doesn't make good business sense to me! I've become even more popular than I was playing Captain Kirk. I'm good box office and I get publicity.”

It’s nice that he’s suddenly concerned with the box office success of the series. Don’t remember him making a fuss when he was left out of Nemesis and Insurrection (aka ‘Inch Erection’).

The new Star Trek movie is due for release next Christmas.

By: Adam Mason
Source: Empire via The Huffington Post
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 07:48:06 AM »

And good Box office? really Shat? apart from the Trekkies who'd see him just for the fanfix who else would go for a glance at the chubby thesp?

The next scream you hear could be your own
hanchan

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 08:43:02 AM »

I'm just happy that Simon Pegg is confirmed as Scotty. Everything else can go hang like a past-it paunch. Cheesy
Tiger
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 08:18:36 PM »

I think Simon Pegg is fantastic, I've seen pretty much everything he has ever made (If you haven't seen the series, check out 'Spaced', I have both series on DVD and was also lucky enough to catch them on their first run on UK Television, it is amazing) however, I don't think he was the best choice for the role.

The actor Paul McGillion from 'Stargate Atlantis' was apparently considered for the role and at the very least he would have been far more authentic! (why did they kill off his character!? Damn you TV bosses, damn you all to hell! *drops to his knees* oh...sand! Some sand-castles will cheer me up!)......*blinks* ok...getting swiftly back on track...

So, um...yeah...but Simon Pegg will probably do a good job.  He did a great job on his episode of the recent BBC 'Doctor Who' comeback, I have faith in him.  Grin
JacksRenton

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 12:17:18 PM »

I kind of feel like this movie is an imdb message board casting session.
Way to many familar faces in it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: