Movie Moron
October 31, 2014, 02:22:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sony Wants Spider-Man 4 in 3-D? Say it Ain't So!  (Read 2887 times)
AristotleP
« on: April 23, 2009, 03:11:00 AM »

Quote from:
Sony Wants Spider-Man 4 in 3-D? Say it Ain't So!

April 22, 2009
Source: Forbes
by Alex Billington
Spider-Man

"Could be" is all that Sony's head Amy Pascal said in response when asked about if we'll see Spider-Man 4 in 3-D. So how did we get to this point? Forbes.com has posted a very interesting interview with Pascal and fellow studio head Michael Lynton. They discuss most of the business side of Sony Pictures, but near the end they get into the 3-D realm, starting with a question about Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Sony's upcoming fall animated release. From there, they continue into a question about live-action 3-D. Her answer to that question is not only very intriguing, but it leads directly into the Spider-Man 4 question.

First up, Pascal was asked what she thought about using 3-D in live action movies, and this is her answer.

"I think James Cameron's new movie [Avatar] could change the world. I think everyone is in anticipation thinking it's going to be like Star Wars. It's going to change the way you consume entertainment. I don't know that it will ever be the way you see dramas, but I can't say anymore that it won't be."

I hate to get all antsy, but if the head of another competing studio is already saying (eight months out) that Avatar could "change the world," I think that's a good sign that if it does live up to everyone's expectations, it's worthy of being called revolutionary right away. But that's a story for another day. Forbes followed up with the question about Spider-Man 4 and Pascal's response was only "could be." Then Lynton chimed in and added: "People are paying a premium to see movies in 3-D and that's a very big deal. It's never been done before that someone says you have to pay more to see Spider-Man than a romantic comedy."

It's too early to officially say that Spider-Man 4 is going to be in 3-D, especially when they're still working on casting anyway, but this is a good sign that Sony at least wants to pursue it. I also don't believe it's hasty of me to say that all of the major studios are anxiously awaiting Avatar's release, for many reasons, but most importantly to see how well a live-action 3-D movie plays on a large scale. If it is does incredibly well, then it'll be the first sign that live-action 3-D will actually be the future of filmmaking. So although we'll probably hear rumors about 3-D like this for a while, nothing will be confirmed until December 18th.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 06:41:35 AM »

I hope it is. I want to feel Kirsten Durst's snaggle teeth in my face.
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 01:28:01 PM »

Sheridan, you're a bit more bitter than usual. Anything wrong?

... there's no hope for this I fear. No one cares anymore. It takes too long between installments for the franchise to survive a piece of shit like last time. Sure, it did amazing, but people learned their lesson I think.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 02:40:01 PM »

Oh, wasn't meant to.

I did just get invited to speak to Congressmen in Washington about online media (seriously) and I'm just debating whether to accept. It might be stressing me out.
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 03:43:15 PM »

Really! So cool, what are the factors that are making you hesitate?

I"ll write your speech for you, I can make it more better.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »

Here's the invite -

As an independent publisher, you are changing the face of America—you have been an active part of a media revolution. It is a phenomenon re-shaping the American dream.

We'd like to invite you to a special national event in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, June 9, and Wednesday, June 10, to tell your story. We want to give you the opportunity to advocate for your industry at large in front of Congress.

To accomplish this, a Small Publisher Fly-in is being organized.

During the two-day event, you will have the opportunity to meet with industry leaders, Congressmen and members of the press who want to hear your personal experience.
etc etc

Main factor: Can't be bothered.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 01:49:31 PM »

Oh, wasn't meant to.

I did just get invited to speak to Congressmen in Washington about online media (seriously) and I'm just debating whether to accept. It might be stressing me out.

That is so awesome!! Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: