Movie Moron
February 19, 2018, 11:03:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Official - Robert Rodriguez Really is Rebooting Predator  (Read 4853 times)
AristotleP
« on: April 24, 2009, 09:12:21 AM »

Quote from:
April 23, 2009
Source: IESB
by Alex Billington

In January we wrote up a rumor from Bloody Disgusting about how Robert Rodriguez's name was being thrown around in connection with a reboot of the Predator series. It wasn't confirmed at the time, then Rodriguez separately announced his new sci-fi film Nerveracker, so we thought all hope had been lost. However, IESB has just heard via Rodriguez himself at a press conference in Austin, Texas that a Predator reboot is indeed on his slate, not only for him to produce, but also to eventually direct. The original pitch was as follows: "In the reboot a team of commandoes face down a mysterious race of vicious monsters."

Rodriguez revealed his upcoming slate at a press conference: "I'm going to be able to shoot my upcoming Machete here, a sci-fi action film called Nerveracker, a reboot of the Predator series called Predators, and a couple of smaller movies called Sin City 2 and The Jetsons." That's some sure enough confirmation! Though I don't know when it'll happen, because I'm not sure when Rodriguez is going to find the time to do five different films in the next few years, especially when Nerveracker is already slated for release in 2010. Whatever the case, it's still exciting that Rodriguez is the one who is bringing Predator back from the dead.
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 10:12:27 AM »

I don't mind that there is going to be another Predator movie but i really really really don't think Rodriguez is the man to do it. For me, he's not exactly set the screen alight with his movies, i have enjoyed Desperado and Sin City although he only co-directed that but I'm hard pushed to think of anything else he's done that gets me whet at the thought of him giving ole dreadlocks a bash.

The next scream you hear could be your own
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 11:48:20 AM »

For me, I think Rodriguez is one of the most talented and under-appreciated directors around. Planet Terror was great. In fact I can't think of a single other working director who I'd rather see do a Predator movie. Except James Cameron, Christopher Nolan or Ridley Scott. Who else working today could do a better job in this frachise? The pool of smart action directors who don't pander to teens is very small these days.
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 01:01:30 PM »

Rodriguez only co-directed on paper, Sin City was his film despite his nod to Frank Miller.

Yeah, he's incredible. I love his off the wall bizarro kids comedies. Absolutely insane.

Planet Terror is awesome. Even the Faculty is pretty fun, despite the so-so script.

As for a Predator Reboot ... sure, I'd see it.
AristotleP
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 05:39:17 AM »

Quote from:
I know what you’re thinking: “Not another blog post about Rodriguez’s new Predator movie?!” I said it so you don’t have to. Lets move on.

Robert Rodriguez sat down and answered some questions for AICN regarding the recently announced Predator reboot Predators. The filmmaker confirmed that 20th Century Fox co-president of production Alex Young became excited about a Predator reboot after discovering a Predator sequel treatment Rodriguez had written 15 years ago. It is unclear right now if the original treatment will be used as a basis for the film, but since that was why Rodriguez was brought on board to carry the project, I’d be surprised if they didn’t use some of the core ideas.

“What I’d like to do with it is expand on ideas I dreamt up back in the original treatment, that had really expanded on the universe both the Predators and other species live in. We’d create new otherworldly characters while not taking away from the draw our main Predator has.”

No writer or director have been hired for the project, but the plan is for Rodriguez to produce the film at the Austin-based Troublemaker Studios so that Rodriguez “can feel free to walk to the PREDATORS soundstage, pick up a camera and co-shoot the coolest scenes.” I really wonder what kind of a director is going to be comfortable with that kind of producer collaboration. You can read the full interview on AICN.

Predators Gets July 2010 Release Date, Robert Rodriguez not Directing?

Quote from:
Posted on Friday, April 24th, 2009 at 12:36 pm by: Peter Sciretta

Yesterday we told you that Robert Rodriguez had announced that he was officially developing a Predator reboot for 20th Century Fox titled Predators. Well, apparently the project is almost ready to go because Fox has already announced a July 7th 2010 release date, according to ERC. Also, apparently the filmmaker will NOT be writing or directing the movie.He will be producing the project, which he hopes will shoot at his Austin-based studio.

The film will play 5 days after M Night Shyamalan’s Avatar live-action big screen adaptation The Last Airbender hits theaters. The Steve Carell/Jason Segel comedy Despicable Me is due to hit theaters 2 days later. Predators is expected to follow a team of commandos who must face a mysterious race of vicious monsters. That’s right, multiple Predators… not just one.

Rodriguez has said that he will go into production in the action movie Machete, based on the mock trailer in Grindhouse, in June, co-directing with Ethan Maniquis. Next up, After that, Rodriguez is scheduled to have the sci-fi action film Nerverackers in theaters for a April 15th 2010 release date. As I said above, Rodriguez will not be directing Predators, but he is still expected to be very hands on with the project and I’m not sure where he is going to find time.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 01:37:20 PM »

I relly enjoy Robert Rodriguez's films, I think he has a vision and he carries out with it. I am siked for this reboot, but is he gonna direct it?
AristotleP
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 12:27:53 AM »

Bloody-Disgusting got the scoop that Alex Litvak is currently penning the new draft of Predators that's to be produced by Robert Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios for 20th Century Fox. Litvak recently wrote Medieval for New Regency. The reboot to the classic 80's action/horror flick Predator is being penned as a "sequel" and will follow a team of commandoes who face down a mysterious race of vicious monsters. The project is on fast-track for a July 9, 2010 release. No word yet on who will be directing as Rodriguez is now said to not be getting behind the camera.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16093
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 02:01:05 AM »

July 9, 2010 release?

That's fast.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: