Movie Moron
June 20, 2018, 11:11:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tales From The Darkside Season 1 coming to DVD on Feb. 10th 2009!!  (Read 11103 times)
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« on: November 20, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »

TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE: THE FIRST SEASON DVD Out On February 10th, 2009!

Also coming from Paramount Home Entertainment on February 10th, 2009 will be TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE: THE FIRST SEASON. (Ironically enough, I just picked up TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE: THE MOVIE this past weekend, which I love!) Produced by George Romero (and inspired by the success of CREEPSHOW), the anthology series followed in the footsteps of THE TWILIGHT ZONE and THE OUTER LIMITS and told short, horror related stories that all ended with a twist. Now you can experience the entire first season on DVD in February 2009! Below you'll find a brief synopsis and the DVD cover art: (Courtesy of DVDActive.com)

Paramount Home Entertainment has provided us with artwork for the first season of Tales from the Darkside which will arrive in stores from the 10th February. Each of the episodes will be presented in full screen, along with English Mono tracks.

here is the link to this article...

http://iconsoffright.com/news/2008/11/tales_from_the_darkside_the_fi.html

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS

Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 04:59:42 PM »

I watched the Tales From The Darkside movie and was pretty underwhelmed, was the series better T.Ross?
Tori

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 07:16:46 PM »

I actually have the Twilight Zone movie right in front of me, haven't seen it yet though.
Whats The Outer Limits was that also a television show?
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 07:30:27 PM »

The Tales from the Darkside was a good series 4sure! Much better than that movie that came out, the series had been on for years before they made that movie, i strongley urge you to watch the show, its right up there with Tales From The Crypt.

and The Oute Limitis was a television show too, Another really good one, that one was first brodcasted in black and white, I once again strongley urge to tori to check that show out!

-T.ROSS PORIDCUTIONS
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 08:22:38 PM »

Yeah Tori, the Outer Limits was just like Twilight Zone - it was a series for a while, then spawned a movie. The Twilight Zone movie is far superior though. Have you heard what happened to the actor who starred in the 'bigot sees error of his ways' section?
Tori

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 10:32:25 PM »

I dont know how i've never heard of that show, i've never even seen tales from the darkside either, but I did watch the twilight zone for almost a week straight on sifi when I was sick this summer and couldn't get enough of it. I'll defiantly check out both the outer limits and tales from the darkside, the movies and shows.
That was a great segment of the film, I never heard what happened to the actor..... what happened?

Anyone seen Tales from the Crypt? Is it any good?
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »

Whoops, I got my shows confused, there is no Outer Limits movie.

There are two Tales From The Crypt movies. Saw them both years ago. The first I enjoyed, the second was not worth seeing.

As for the actor in that Twilight Zone segment, when they were shooting the final scene a helicopter they were using came down and decapitated him and killed the two children he was carrying. He was Jennifer Jason Leigh's dad. The scene was cut from the movie, so that's why that section ends fairly abruptly.

Be warned, you don't see anything graphic, but it is on camera -
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 01:00:38 AM »

Oh my God, I never actually saw that footage before. It made me gasp, that's terrifying.

Twighlight Zone was a brilliant show with a damn good movie. Outer Limits was a good show as well, though not as clever in the writing. Both spawned remake TV shows that generally sucked.

Tales from the Crypt is fun and campy, not really scary that I've ever seen.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 01:57:00 AM »

The set does look insanely dangerous and out of control.

I think it's the very first flickering wide shot where the explosion goes too high and hits the helicopter, damaging the rear of it, then it comes down a few seconds later.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 06:28:27 PM »

That was a crazy video, That makes me real sad!!

And to Tori, Tales from The Crypt is an amazing show, yeah its not real scary, but its VERY fun to watch, the stories are real clever and they feature alot of good actors! Give it a shot, I own seasons one and two and plan to own all 7!
Tori

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 07:39:44 PM »

Oh my god. Thats horrible! It has to be the scariest thing I have ever seen, this is really tragic.

I feel bad for moving on to another topic now but thanks for all the explanations and recommendations my netflix queue is filled with a lot of shows for a while, im excited to watch them.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 02:30:15 AM »

Yeah that is so messed up! I cant believe that ever happened! I wonder what came of the trial?

so anyways.......

.....whats next on your netflix?
Tori

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 04:30:50 PM »

The next two I got are the Twilight Zone Volume 1 the the Tales From the Darkside movie.
I also just realized that theres two versions of The Outer Limits, the original and the new series. Im gonna start with the original but has anyone seen the new one?
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 04:47:22 PM »

To answer your question about the trial, the legal proceedings dragged on for years, then John Landis got off scott free.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 04:56:44 PM »

I have never seen the new Outer Limits, I dont htink so? How new are they?

Tales From The Darkside movie isnt that bad, I like the Stephen King story in it, I believe its the 2nd story. The TV show is awesome though, so is Tales from the Cyrpt, its actually one of those shows that it gets better as the seasons progress!

And back to the John landis case, I mean I dont think he should of been convicted of murder, that would of been a little too harsh, I think it was an accident, I am sure nothing was premeditated, dont you agree??

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 06:14:57 PM »

The new outer limits is a pale shadow of the original series. has some campy fun to it, but somehow lost the spirit.

as you watch the original series you'll spot a lot of stories that have been rehashed by The Simpsons and other satirical shows.

Trial: not murder, definately not. but I think someone should have been held responsible. of course, that's based on never being on that set. but in my experience, that probably wasn't a simple mistake. it was probably due to gross incompetance, probably on behal fof producers, working everyone to the limit and pushing to keep a ridiculous schedule.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 09:30:59 PM »

Yes I agree with you, I am sure it was no intended but I bet the right safety precautions werent taken, just from watching that footage, you can just see the chaotic movie set.

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

[Having trouble joining the forum? Send us an e-mail using the address here]