Movie Moron
July 26, 2014, 07:10:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SPIDER-M4N, NO MORE!  (Read 1351 times)
dnwilliams

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2010, 05:36:29 PM »

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

BREAKING NEWS! Mike Fleming and I have just confirmed that Sony Pictures decided today to reboot the Spider-Man franchise after franchise director Sam Raimi pulled out of Spider-Man 4 because he felt he couldn't make its summer release date and keep the film's creative integrity. This means that Raimi and the cast including star Tobey Maguire are out. There will be no Spider-Man 4. Instead, Mike Fleming is told, the studio will focus on a reboot script by Jamie Vanderbilt with a new director and a new cast. All this took place today at meeting on the lot today. An official Sony Pictures news release about it is expected.

My sources tell me that Raimi told Sony Pictures: "I can't make your date. I can't go forward creatively." And, so, once he said "That's it", Sony Pictures co-chairman Pascal and Columbia Pictures' Matt Tolmach decided they didn't want to replace him and instead chose to reboot the franchise. Insiders also tell me that Tobey Maguire heard the news in a phone call with Amy today. I'm told Tobey wasn't upset. "He's made 3 great Spider-Man movies. He's done really well. But he's the kind of guy who, if Sam wanted to go forward, would have been there for Sam and the studio. Absolutely."

Mike Fleming has heard that, from Spidey, Raimi could move to World Of Warcraft, or to The Given Day, that terrific novel by Dennis Lehane, author of Shutter Island and Mystic River. Both are worthy projects, but World Of Warcraft is a huge franchise.

Source: Deadline
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 06:48:10 PM »

And which was the only site reporting that Sam Raimi had quit in front of his workers two weeks ago?

Us.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 02:46:26 AM »

Rebooting this movie this early is soooo stupid. The first 3 havent had enough time to leave our mind. they need more time. Rushing into this project is a bad idea. They would have to come up with something super solid to pull it off.
dnwilliams

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 01:56:38 PM »

Couldn't agree with you more T Ross, I can't think of a single more retarded executive decision in motion picture history.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: