Movie Moron
November 28, 2014, 10:39:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shia Slams Indiana Jones 4  (Read 2261 times)
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« on: May 16, 2010, 06:07:09 AM »

“You get to monkey-swinging and things like that and you can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven [Spielberg, who directed]. But the actor’s job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn’t do it. So that’s my fault. Simple.”

LaBeouf said that he could have kept quiet, especially given the movie’s blockbuster status, but didn’t think the film had fooled anyone. “I think the audience is pretty intelligent. I think they know when you’ve made (slop). And I think if you don’t acknowledge it, then why do they trust you the next time you’re promoting a movie.” LaBeouf went on to say he wasn’t the only star on the film who felt that way. “We [Harrison Ford and LaBeouf] had major discussions. He wasn’t happy with it either. Look, the movie could have been updated. There was a reason it wasn’t universally accepted.”

Asked whether this was difficult to say, given his deep relationship with Spielberg, LaBeouf continued with the directness.

“I’ll probably get a call. But he needs to hear this. I love him. I love Steven. I have a relationship with Steven that supersedes our business work. And believe me, I talk to him often enough to know that I’m not out of line. And I would never disrespect the man. I think he’s a genius, and he’s given me my whole life. He’s done so much great work that there’s no need for him to feel vulnerable about one film. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball.”
dnwilliams

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 06:09:07 PM »

Refreshing.
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 06:28:16 PM »

Whoa. What!? Where the hell did you read this?
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 07:20:20 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/05/shia-labeouf-wall-street-2-indiana-jones-steven-spielberg.html
ad4m22

chainguncharlie@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 07:26:53 PM »

He couldn't have fucking mentioned this to Stevie before they started filming?
twaddington

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 05:30:18 AM »

I'm gonna do a round up of memorable quotes from all the press conferences here. Haven't actually been in one myself yet, queued really really for the woody allen one but still couldn't get in. I'm going to try to get into one with stephen frears and gemma arterton for a film called Tamara Drewe. It won't be as busy I don't think.
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 12:45:55 PM »

You know, after thinking about this quote, what a douche. Not that he's wrong and he certainly worked hard to sound gracious, but think about it. "Steven needs to hear this."

Well why HADN'T he heard it before, face to face, rather than at a press conference? That seems like such an asshole thing to do.

Also, how does he justify Transformers?
twaddington

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 02:36:26 PM »

I reckon he probably regrets saying that now.

Also, how does he justify Transformers?

True. If you are going to do any old big blockbuster that comes your way, you can't really moan about the lack of quality afterwards. I can't really blame him for wanting to be a superstar but you can't have it both ways, in most cases anyway.
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 05:00:30 PM »

Yep. Good point. I mean a few folks have had savvy and the blind luck to strike it big with a series of good movies (right?), but most have a few stinkers on their resume. Shia has what ... Disturbia was pretty good. But the rest range from silly (Transformers) to idiotic (Eagle Eye) to downright retarded (Transformers 2, Indy 4).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: