Movie Moron
October 01, 2014, 08:19:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 4642 times)
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:22:06 AM »

I bought the 1st season on DVD as it was stupidly cheap and I'd heard it was good and what a good choice i made.
It's in season 3 now but what a superb mix of great characters, great stories, humour and dark moments. If you haven't seen it, its a very different style and not what it first seems.

The next scream you hear could be your own
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 11:24:20 AM »

There are always posters for this all over the London tube. Never watched it though.
Tori

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 11:40:53 AM »

I got the first two seasons of Dexter, love it.
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 06:17:07 AM »

It's worth picking up Sheridan, if you like a cop show with a dark different side then this is it. Dexter is a really good example of how to write an anti-hero that everyone still feels for.

dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 01:30:17 PM »

Season One is sublime. Season Two is very good, but since they deviated from the books it's very character based and the entire ending is completely driven by random chance. Didn't like that much, but still the themes of season 2 were awesome.

Havn't seen a bit of season 3, I'm excited ot watch it!
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 04:39:07 AM »

I haven't seen season 2 yet as its on quite late over here but its out on DVD now so will definitely be buying that.

Mmm, I'm not a fan of random chanc ebeing a way to move a story forward, hope its not too bad.

dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 05:38:44 PM »

Season 3 was hands down the best out of the first three seasons. Awesome stuff. I hear 4 is topping it though with Lithgow as the main baddie
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 07:50:37 AM »

Still got to wait for Season 3 over here on DVD but will definitely pick it up now and Season 4 has Lithgow as villain?! Well thats me sold already.

dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 02:38:23 PM »

I haven't seen season 4 yet but my friends said that it's absolutely stunning, and made me promise to watch the final (sadly, yes, there will be no season 5 due to the lead actor's Leukemia) episode with them because they want to see my reaction.

David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 01:58:45 PM »

That's interesting as i read that Hall's cancer has gone into remission and there hasn't been a statement saying there wont be another series, although Show runner Clyde Phillips is leaving due to him wanting to attend to his personal life, so maybe thats why. Still at least past 2 seasons, unlike Reaper which i loved

dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 02:08:03 PM »

That's good news for fans, if true. I heard they simply couldn't continue cause he looked so awful and was so weak.  I'd love to get a final season if they knew it was going to be their last, that would give them time to wrap things up. thoguh, from what I hear, the last episode of season 4 was made as if there wouldn't be any more.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

[Having trouble joining the forum? Send us an e-mail using the address here]