Movie Moron
November 01, 2014, 12:32:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Emma Stone talks Gwen Stacy  (Read 1182 times)
dnwilliams

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »

Emma Stone, star of Easy A and Zombieland has opened up about her role in the forthcoming Spider-Man reboot. Stone will play Gwen Stacy to Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker. In comics continuity Gwen Stacy was one of Peter Parker's first loves, and she met a tragic end at the hands of Spider-Man's enemy the Green Goblin. Bryce Dallas Howard played a version of the character in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3, though she didn't have a whole lot to do, which is not going to be the case for Stone's Gwen Stacy because this time around the character is the female lead.

Here's some of what tone had to say to MTV about her work on Spider-Man so far:

Today I went and did hair tests, because I have blonde hair now since Gwen has blonde hair. My natural hair is blonde, so it's kind of nice. I looked in the mirror and said, "Oh my god, it's me again, it's been so long!" We're finalizing the visual stuff. And I think we'll start actually rehearsing, because we start shooting in two weeks. Andrew and I went and learned about science yesterday. Gwen really likes science, so we learned about science. I was home-schooled, so I never went to chemistry class in a traditional setting like Gwen is into. That was really beneficial.

There's a lot of open dialogue about where we're going with this and how Peter and Gwen are going to come together and what makes the most sense for the story we're telling. It's an ever-changing thing. We're still in that development period. It's so fantastic. My background is in improv and things like that, so this kind of ever-changing nature is ideal for me.

I wouldn't call Gwen a damsel in distress. But who know what's going to happen? It's so early.

I'm sure it's a different story for Andrew, because Spider-Man is so iconic, which is not to take anything away from Gwen, but for the most part, the approach I'm trying to take so I won't psych myself out is to approach it like anything else. Put in the same amount of work and don't worry so much. Even though it's different than anything else I've ever done and it'll be weird if my face is ever on a Burger King cup, that's not what you have to think about. Maybe it helps other people think about the size of it, but it only makes me nervous.

Out of the casting announcements that have been made so far - Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben, Rhys Ifans as Curt Connors aka The Lizard, etc. - Stone does seem like the one least suited to her role, but hopefully she impresses. And accepts the fact that she's probably going to be a damsel in distress at some stage. She's a superhero's girlfriend, them's the breaks!

Source: MTV via Latino Review
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 02:38:59 AM »

This makes me puke
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 04:08:04 AM »

Why T.Ross?
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »

I dont know. I think that she is kinda annoying. Putting emma Stone in this movie just makes it more of a teeny bop movie.
dnwilliams

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 02:31:09 PM »

I wouldn't care at all if I thought she fit the character or that she could play different ones...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: