Movie Moron
May 22, 2018, 08:16:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Dark Tower Collapsing?  (Read 2767 times)
ad4m22

chainguncharlie@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 15, 2011, 05:44:59 PM »

Commala-come-come, the story of the Tower hasn't even begun...

Filming of Stephen King's ludicrously epic - and ludicrously brilliant - Dark Tower series was to begin this summer. However, the start date has been pushed back until next February amid some last-minute budget discussions.

The seven novels were due to be turned into a trilogy of three epic movies, each film linked by a TV miniseries, in a joint project by Universal and NBC. Given the richness and the scope of The Dark Tower, this is perhaps one of the only ways to get the whole story out. Aside from, you know, leaving it alone. Akira Goldsman has written the script and is set to produce with Brian Grazer, while Ron Howard is due to direct. Javier Bardem has been cast as Roland Deschain, the last gunslinger.

However, this delay in the beginning of production casts a new shadow over the project. If a new budget isn't sorted out by July, the rights to the film will go back to Stephen King and the filmmakers. If that happens, it's highly unlikely that any other studios will want to get involved with the project.

If you're unsure of why this is a big deal, then we urge you to read the books. The seven volumes (with a eighth due next year, a short story and several Marvel comics filling in the gaps) comprise quite possibly one of the best stories ever told. It starts out as a fantasy quest - a cowboy on the trail of the Man in Black - but that doesn't do it justice at all.

Seriously, stop reading this and go and get hold of the first novel - The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger. You won't regret it. Long days and pleasant nights.

Source: http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/universal-pushes-dark-tower-attempts-to-trim-budget/
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 09:31:36 PM »

They have dishonored the face of their fathers by even considering a script by Akiva Goldsmith. Bardem is an odd but workable choice for Roland ... other than that, EVERY aspect of these films STINKS.

Ugh ugh ugh.
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 07:33:17 AM »

It was such an ambitious project from the start, i never had any confidence this would see the light of day, hope I'm wrong as i would love to see this realised.

The next scream you hear could be your own
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 12:13:31 PM »

i would love to see this realised.

You break my heart.
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 04:06:30 PM »

Sorry mate, i know I'm probably going to burst into flames but i found the books like wading through treacle. The setup and the mian story grabbed me but the pacing especially took me out of it. I want to see this world so that's why i would like to see it on the big/small screen, sorry mate

The next scream you hear could be your own
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: