Movie Moron
April 24, 2014, 05:46:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: My First Feature - Facility 31  (Read 18509 times)
dnwilliams

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 08:12:49 AM »

That short was cool, mistaken identity ftw! Did you study filmmaking or just get mates together and work it all out?
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 11:25:48 AM »

Cheers mate and i got into making corporate stuff for companies like Orange and L'Oreal then did a few courses specifically on film making, met a few like-minded people and went from there. How about you?

The next scream you hear could be your own
dnwilliams

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 07:32:15 PM »

I don't make films! If only.
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 03:48:49 AM »

No time like the present pal  Smiley

Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 06:46:31 PM »

Off-topic, D'Hawk you'll probably enjoy the series that's just started on the BBC called 'A History Of Horror With Mark Gatiss'. It's on iPlayer right now.
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 10:21:56 AM »

Ooh yeah i think i caught the first couple of episodes when this was on Beeb2 or 3 but missed the last one, thanks Sheridan.

I was down at the bunker location yesterday shooting the indiegogo video promo, went really well and got some great stills of our two actors, Jason and Emily, will post when i get them back which should be early next week.

David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 05:40:35 AM »

Here's a couple of pics from the Facility 31 location visit last week.

Got a couple of really good actor's in Jason Bailey and Emily Wyatt, both completely committed to their parts.

I've got a tonne more but will need to do some more work on those before posting any and sent a couple of cracking shots off to my mate who's doing the posters. As always, any feedback/comments welcome

Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 10:20:50 AM »

Looks really good.

Remember not to make that low budget movie mistake of having the environments be completely empty of people besides the lead actors. If they're outside the facility, on the streets for example, have cast and crew be passers-by.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 10:56:43 AM »

What sort of stills camera are you using?
dnwilliams

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 11:29:14 AM »

I don't know what the tone of the movie is, and what I'm about to say is by no means objective, but I think if you're going to have a female lead in a movie like this, and she's going to be a gun-toting badass, then her hair should be back. Or short. She won't look unappealing, if that's a concern, and she can always have her hair down in the finale (so long as she looks dishevelled and not glamorous) but otherwise she'll just look like a model playing dress-up.
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 12:06:47 PM »

Thanks guys and absolutely Sheridan, top tip. I'll be using crew etc for the opening scene that has bystanders/non talking roles for sure.

These were taken using a Canon 7D

Totally agree dnwilliams mate, we've had all kinds of chats about the hair styles for the two women and one is going to have here hair up and then it comes down as the film goes on and she loses the plot and the other's hair will start down then be put up be her when its time to kick things up a gear  Smiley
Also, we didn't have a makeup artist with us that day but both women will be 'made down' and look much more 'army' than Emily does here as i want you to believe she can be in the army.

dnwilliams

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 12:24:31 PM »

Cool. I also like the washed out look, you think you'll go for a desaturated palette for the actual movie?
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 03:44:29 PM »

Cheers man and yea we've tried a few different looks with some footage and stills, one being a 1970's Kodak film look, which looked gorgeous but ultimately didn't look right for the more modern setting. The idea i have is that we start with more colour then as things start going pear-shaped the colour drains along with the spiraling situation.

dnwilliams

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 04:03:45 PM »

Might be more visceral to do the inverse of that and bring in more vivid colours out as the situation intensifies. There has to be a way to work in the Kodak look if you're really in love with it!
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 04:08:55 PM »

I can't remember the status, or if this has come up before - do you have a finished script? If so do you want me to give it a read and provide feedback? Sometimes I'm useless, other times it can be helpful.

Do you know what sort of lenses/added stuff were on the Canon 7D? They look terrific and I ought to learn more about what good stills photographers use.
dnwilliams

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 04:10:42 PM »

I ought to learn more about what good stills photographers use.

To what end?  Huh
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 04:28:18 PM »

For example if my ghost script reaches production then a cheap stills photographer will need to be hired, and I'll be a little more clued up generally. Also for Rise Of The Blood Bears.
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »

That could work, i do love the Kodak look but I'm happy to lose it if its not right for the film but thats a fair shout dn.

It hasn't come up and no i don't have a finished script yet, I'm nearly half way through and i would love for you to give me your feedback on it mate, i have 3 other trusted friends who i will give it to so with yours as well, i should get a nice rounded lot of feedback that i can work with, so yes please!

I know we used a selection of lenses, some primes like a 50mm and a zoom but i can't remember which ones, i will find out and let you know though. There were no additional filters or anything on it, i just did some playing in photoshop from the RAW files, so it was the lens with some post tinkering.

David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2011, 04:21:17 AM »

OK so apart from a 50mm, we used these two lenses Sheridan: a zoom 17-85mm f/3.5 and a prime 28mm f/1.8.

Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2011, 06:52:32 AM »

Thanks man.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: