Movie Moron
September 03, 2014, 02:59:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Thing (2011) Redband Trailer  (Read 2112 times)
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »

When the trailer to The Thing (a "direct prequel" to John Carpenter's film The Thing, which was itself a remake of a movie called The Thing From Another World which was nothing like yet a direct adaptation of a short story called Who Goes There? which was ... was ... *pops a handful of Tylenol*) ...

Where was I? Oh yes. When the trailer came out, fans of the "original" rejoiced that it didn't screw up Carpenter's vision too badly and it has a hot chick in it so the alien can rip a blouse off this time around.

Then came a dubious clip of the thing breaking out of a block of ice via CGI so bad it looks like George Lucas did it with his feet and now ... this. The redband trailer of the new film which promises more jump scares (which they so nicely ruined by showing them in the trailer) and more obvious digital effects than a George Lucas wet dream (*Note to Editor: Can I make two lame George Lucas jokes in a single paragraph? Please advise).

While I'm glad they stuck to the concept and design of Rob Bottin's masterpiece, all of the tactile wonder of his goopy, disgusting creations is long gone, replaced with computer graphics that range from average to ... ... ... um ... ... f*ck you George Lucas (*Note to Editor: third time is not the charm).

What are your thoughts?
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 06:30:05 AM »

I think it's going to be a case of some scenes really working and other making us cringe in our seats. There were no cringeworthy parts of the original, except for the big claymation that burst through the floor at the end.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: