Movie Moron
April 18, 2014, 11:38:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3  (Read 5301 times)
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« on: December 17, 2011, 08:42:07 AM »

Apologies if there is another thread on this but couldn't see one.

So who has got this game, doesn't matter what format?

I have always enjoyed these games and please tell me if I shouldn't have had but i really was expecting more from it. I've stuck by CoD even when Battlefield started making changes that begged attention so i really was hoping that CoD MW3 would kick Battlefield's butt, unfortunately what we got was the same old tired-looking gameplay with slightly tweaked kill streak packages and perks.
Whereas Battlefield lets you control any number of vehicles and planes and rockets, grenades etc actually destroy buildings CoD just about blows up some barrels here and there. I mean seriously, how can you have a stealth bomber that only targets enemy soldiers?! i understand its more arcade than realistic but what i'd give to be able to blow the side of a house off where a sniper has been dug in deeper than an Alabama tick!

And the multi-player maps are just so, well dull and limited. And coming up to Christmas, where are the new map packs? All that is available in their 'store' are pointless outfits and uniforms that only other players will see and perks that you can't use all the time anyway, just another way to take your cash but with little thought to the gameplayer. It seems that there is an air of arrogance surrounding the makers, because they know they'll sell a shedload of games so why bother doing anything that would actually make the game enjoyable?

I cant actually believe I'm going to say this and not that they'll be bothered but unless there are some seriously good changes in the next installment I'm just not excited about another release.

The next scream you hear could be your own
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 01:32:03 PM »

I believe a year or two ago the team that made the good Call Of Duties (there are two teams, working in yearly rotation) quit and are no longer doing them.

I was really excited about Battlefield 3, then I played the beta. Worse than Battlefield 2 in almost every respect. Don't know how the f**k they managed to pull that off.

I didn't buy either this year. Instead I bought Saints Row 3, but, unfortunately, that was worse than the previous one on a gameplay level (where are the multiple plot-lines for the different gangs that you could do in any order? etc.), far worse for interesting locations (I used to love living on the university campus and having a pad in the lighthouse etc.). Graphics are a bit better, but it couldn't hold my attention for more than a couple of days whereas the previous one I played almost 'til the end.

This year sucks for games.

They need to bring out the next XBox and Playstation - 6 years old now - it's getting ridiculous.

The fact that the handheld PS Vita is almost as powerful as a PS3, just shows how out of date the PS3 is. 6 years is a lifetime in tech and previous consoles have never been around this long. Even worse, there are no plans to go next gen next year either, so we have to suffer this creeky old shit next Christmas too.
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 03:46:19 PM »

Couldn't agree more mate, been a year of massive hype followed by let down after let down and if you're right and there are no hardware machines coming out next year my game purchases are going to be zero.

To be fair to Battlefield 3, the multiplayer is impressive

The next scream you hear could be your own
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: