Movie Moron
October 01, 2014, 08:13:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Devil Inside Director lines up two new projects.  (Read 6728 times)
Eric Villarreal (ReelRadar)

View Profile Email
« on: February 01, 2012, 11:18:52 AM »

Director William Brent Bell to captialize on the found footage craze with his new features 'The Vatican' and another untitled project which according to Bell will apply to a classic and very familiar horror cornerstone werewolves. while not much is being said filming for the untitled project will begin sometime in Romania this april.

Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:50:57 AM »

I like a good werewolf movie, find them much more interesting than vampires or zombies.

The Devil Inside, somehow, made a lot of money, but I think nearly everyone who saw it said it was pretty bad.
Eric Villarreal (ReelRadar)

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 09:19:24 AM »

Well put Sheridan. The devil inside along with the likes of blair witch project and paranormal activity is trying to reinforce the found footage craze, which seems to be the cash cow of the horror genre. where is the originality in horror? where did all the good stories go?

audiences want to see a horror film with the drive and purpose the old horror films we grew up with used to and continue to have.
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 06:20:32 AM »

I'll drink to that LHP

The next scream you hear could be your own
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 10:07:18 PM »

"Found footage" really predates film. Dracula was told in fake journal entries and the story has the same strengths (awesome first act that uses realism to make you believe the outlandish premise) and weaknesses (the format ultimately creates too much of a distance between the third act tension and the audience). That said, good stories can be told in this format (Paranormal Activity, Cloverfield, the first half of The Last Exorcism) and bad stories (Paranormal sequels, Troll Hunter, Devil Inside, second half of Last Exorcism).

Much like souless speciel effects "blockbusters", you can't depend on the style to carry the piece, it all comes back to story.

That said, Devil Inside sucks, and so will his other movies.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 07:19:29 AM »

Interesting comparison to Dracula.

Troll Hunter wasn't that bad, it was just a bit slow story wise in the middle, a good edit of the script would have saved it.
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 12:31:22 PM »

Agreed on Troll Hunter. Had some fine moments, but in the end it didn't really matter.

Here's a blog I wrote about Dracula and found footage, thinking about doing some more research and expanding into a proper essay.

http://www.redfenceproject.com/blog2/textpattern/article/361/afterwords-part-five-dracula
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 01:39:05 PM »

Who writes essays for fun?
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 04:27:14 PM »

I do. Haven't you read our magazine?

Wait, did I ever send you a physical copy of RedFence?
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 09:13:45 PM »

I read the online version. And I saw your videos about having the magazine made, which were very cool. Is it still going in print form, tough thing in this day and age?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: