Movie Moron
July 28, 2014, 02:14:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Am Legend 2 On The Horizon?  (Read 520 times)
Sam Gurney

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2012, 09:12:07 AM »

Fans of post-apocalyptic mutants, rejoice! Or not. Despite I Am Legend raking in close to $600m in the worldwide box office back in 2007, it did receive very mixed reviews. But I Am Legend 2 looks to be happening, with acclaimed young Blacklist writer Arash Amel set for scripting duties (who recently received a great deal of praise for his Grace Of Monaco script), and Akiva Goldsman back as a producer after writing and producing the first film.

Will Smith is reportedly on board…

SPOILER ALERT!

…despite his character Robert Neville’s notable handicap of being blown to smithereens at the end of I Am Legend. So what approach the sequel will take will certainly be interesting, as no there has been no mention of the dreaded ‘p’ word (prequel *shudder*) thus far. Owners of the I Am Legend DVD will know about the alternate ending, which had Smith surviving the final basement showdown with the mutants. But it’s difficult to see that suddenly worming its way back into the story.

Men In Black 2 aside, Will Smith has taken a break from acting recently (his last role in 2008’s Seven Pounds), but still has to be considered one of Hollywood’s most bankable stars. He’s since had a couple of producing credits under his belt: The Karate Kid (starring Smith Jnr.) and, kinda bizarrely, This Means War. With everything the Fresh Prince touches turning to box office gold (let’s forget Wild Wild West!!), will I Am Legend 2 be a recipe for success?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: