Movie Moron
September 24, 2017, 10:41:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Review: Maid of Honor (A)  (Read 5429 times)
stinkingbob

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2008, 05:17:37 PM »

Okay, okay, I usually don't go see chick flicks but this time, it was gf's turn to pick the movie to watch and we ended up seeing Maid of Honor. I thought I would be falling asleep or bored out of my wits, but honestly, this was a great movie. They did a really good job on it.  It stars Patrick Dempsey as some 40ish playboy who somehow can get women to sleep with him easily (I wish I had that problem). But then again, the women he sleeps with are brainless now that I think about it. Anyways, the one true female friend that he can tell all his secrets to is Amy. He has never slept with her and because of this, he has much respect and admiration for her. So much so that he would rather invite her to his dad's 6th wedding! party that some of the other more beautiful bimbos that he sleeps with.. The funny thing is that when they are together, they act like they are going out. Constantly flirting, but never going over the edge and never letting their feelings get in the way until...
Amy travels to scotland for a month for business and meets a Scottie whom she is going to marry (yes, its one of those shot gun weddings). And thus, the story begins as to how Patrick Dempsey suddenly realizes that he loves Amy and how he, with the help of his friends, try to get Amy to dump him.
Definitely check out this movie. Its done really well. Beautiful scenery and many hilarious parts. The one funny character that cracked up the audience was the skinny, thin basketball player. Hella funny.
Stinkingbob says check it out.
Stephen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 05:41:27 PM »

Its not "Maid Of Honor" its Made Of Honor. just saying.
i heard this movie was good by Adam Carolla or he said it could be good.

Check out my youtube account at www.youtube.com/ReelMovieAirbags and maybe subscribe:)
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 06:10:39 PM »

StinkingBob, good to see you back. I find it hard to imagine this is an A grade film, but I know if StinkingBob says it, it must be true.
stinkingbob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 12:42:33 AM »

I gave it an A for being a chick flick that a guy can  go with his gf or wife and actually enjoy it. It had all the elements to it-> good story, funny moments, likeable characters, great scenery, and very little if any corny sex scenes.  Would I pay $10 to watch this alone or with the guys?. Nope. Would I rent it?  Nope. Its not my type of movie. But, if you HAVE to watch a movie with a chick, this is the movie to see. For that reason, I gave it an A. Otherwise, overall, I give it a B.
stinkingbob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 12:58:02 AM »

Hey Sheridan!
I never left. Its just that there really hasnt been any good movies coming out that I thought were worth watching for the past 3 weeks. I think I will see harold and kumar and maybe chronicles of narnia.  I also saw Iron man, but I didnt write a qucik review for that one because its such a good film that I thought word of mouth alone would push it.
Anyways,  while in the theater for Maid of Honor, they had a preview of Sex in the City. AND MY GF WANTS TO SEE THAT MOVIE!!! I think I am going to rip my eyeballs out. I would rather watch Maid of Honor than Sex in the City.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 01:17:13 AM »

My prediction is you'll end up loving it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: