Movie Moron
November 28, 2014, 10:28:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 Most Overrated Actors / Actresses Working Today?  (Read 15314 times)
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« on: October 24, 2007, 02:51:20 PM »

The nominations begin with Michelle Monaghan - what the hell is the fuss about?? Bored audience almost unconscious in Mission Impossible 3.

Nominate whoever you want below. Give a reason where you can. Once we've got a good number of nominations it'll go to a vote. The 'winners' list will get posted all around the net.

Also, Catherine Zeta Jones. Oscar Winner. WTF???
ad4m22

chainguncharlie@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 01:36:29 PM »

I'm going to throw in Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. And Julia Roberts. And Liz Hurley.
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 02:46:06 AM »

Hillary Swank, Halle Berry, Kevin Costner
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 07:03:29 AM »

Some great shouts there.

Every major star is on an ego trip, but in recent years Kevin Costner seems unable to conceal his own arrogance in his performances. He only works in villain roles now.

I don't think Julia Roberts is about to kick it up a notch. Her new film after 'Charlie Wilson's War', I'm serious, is called 'The Friday Night Knitting Club'.
ad4m22

chainguncharlie@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 08:22:07 AM »

John Travolta. After Grease, he was all over the place. Now I just don't get him.

Maggie Gylenhall. Her brother is great, her, not so much. She'll be far superior to Katie "I'm a TV Actress" Holmes in Batman, though.
King Awesome

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 07:37:48 AM »

Nicholas Cage should definitively be on the list. He's not a terrible actor, but he is quite bad, annoying and he has the most awful voice i have EVER heard.
luke-o

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 06:46:46 AM »

Con Air says hello and defies you in the awesomeness of Nic Cage.
King Awesome

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 08:05:02 AM »

Ghost Rider and Captain Corelli say hi back.
AgentSharp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 07:50:36 AM »

Keira Knightly's got to be on this list too. All she does is pout.
Orlando Bloom is another worth considering...
luke-o

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 01:15:16 PM »

Ghost Rider and Captain Corelli say hi back.

But Con Air stops you and shows you how awesome this film is.

I don't care what Cage has done since, Con Air is a fucking masterpeice.
King Awesome

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 03:33:07 PM »

next time i go rent dvd's i'll grab con air.
Oldwell

Site Technician

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 05:28:43 AM »

Ben Affleck.. or is he no longer working ?

If you hate Nic Cages voice, Con Air is gonna make your ears bleed ! Though personally I love it. The film not the voice.

The Rock, Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, Face Off.. he's done some good stuff.. and has equally done some crap. Ghost Rider is the first big budget action film I've not been able to watch all the way through in years.

He's a bit like Keanu Reeves in that its hard to hate him, even if he has done some steaming piles of shite, just because of the one of two bits of gold.
booradley7

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 08:53:54 PM »

Ben Stiller - the same unfunny schlemiel in every movie. Get a new schtick, boy.

Nicholson - almost singlehandedly ruined The Departed. Miscast, and played himself, as he always does. Dicaprio, Damon and even Marky Mark acted circles around poor hapless Jack (now, I like Jack, but he was just wrong wrong wrong for this).

Pacino - WHEN DID HE START YELLING HIS WAY THROUGH EVERY GODDAMNED MOVIE? HUH? TELL ME! BECAUSE I GOTTA GOOD MIND TO TAKE A FLAMETHROWER TO THIS PLACE!!!! Although I did like him in Heat.. yelling or not.

William H. ..yawn.... Macy - Same shit, different movie. He's been doing Jerry Lundegaard since the 90s. Try something different, man. The BTK Killer or Mr. Ed or something, hell, I don't know.

Jake Gyllenhaal - the reason Zodiac wasn't a bigger hit. He sucks. One facial expression and two line deliveries. River Phoenix's corpse would've been more dynamic.
King Awesome

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 01:01:28 PM »

Ben Stiller - the same unfunny schlemiel in every movie. Get a new schtick, boy.

how could i forget him? shame on me!
Executor

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2007, 05:38:32 AM »

Steven Seagal -  Lips sealed
Julia Roberts - the smile kills me every time
Tobey Maguire - i hate that guy
Tom Cruise - after MI1 nothing good
Kryptik

KryptikVirux

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 02:46:32 PM »

Well you guys pretty much listed what I was going to say. Congratulations on that.

Tiger
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 09:30:45 AM »

I can't believe someone mentioned Nicholson and Pacino...*blinks*

Anyway:

Tom Hanks
Julia Roberts
Nicholas Cage (Just because he was lucky enough to be in some good films does not make him a decent actor)
Nicole Kidman
Keanu Reeves
Jessica Alba
Meg Ryan
Mel Gibson
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 04:37:03 PM »

Kate Winslet. Always the same. Nominated for an Oscar... FIVE times.
Tiger
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 04:53:08 PM »

Winslet was great in Heavenly Creatures and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

But I agree, she has a tendency to act in the same way, although both her characters in the films I mentioned above are quite different.

The fact that she has been nominated so many times is probably a good indication of the current state of quality actresses doing the rounds. 

Sure, I am certain that if you tried your best you could come up with a few, but things have certainly changed on that 'Best Actress' nomination list over the years.

Anytime I try to think of quality actresses working today, I always mention Laura Linney and then find it quite hard to add to the list, there is only so many times I can mention Meryl Streep and Signourney Weaver!
fookhar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2007, 01:10:21 PM »

Con Air is one of those guilty pleasures.

Keira Knightley should definitely be on the list, I can't stand that girl

Student, European Film College.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: