Movie Moron
September 30, 2014, 01:52:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Max Payne Trailer  (Read 2285 times)
Adam Lubitow

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2008, 02:43:08 PM »

The first trailer for Max Payne, starring Mark Wahlberg, hit the nets earlier today. Based on the popular video game series of the same name, the movie revolves around an undercover New York City detective investigating a powerful crime family responsible for the murder of the his wife and child. Not being big into video games, that pretty much covers all I know about the plot. The trailer does look pretty stylish, with a cool Sin City pulp-noir vibe and lots of fancy slow-motion shots, which the game was (apparently) known for. I have to admit being a bit confused by the winged... men? creatures? who show up throughout the trailer; from what I understood, the story was a fairly standard crime saga. Is there a supernatural element to the story I wasn't aware of?

Regardless, this looks like the type of movie that's either going to be a lot of fun, or absolutely wretched.

Max Payne is directed by John Moore, the man responsible for Behind Enemy Lines and the (terrible) Omen remake, and co-stars Mila Kunis, Beau Bridges and Chris O'Donnell. It opens October 17th.

dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 02:50:26 PM »

Alright, I freely admit, I"m hooked.

It's like a gritty MAtrix without the finesse, mixed with Dark City and Constantine ... I'm do down for this.
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »

I played Max Payne but for the life of me i don't remember no winged blokes in it, maybe that was the patch i never bothered my arse to download.

The next scream you hear could be your own
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 06:19:13 PM »

This really reminds me of the Hitman movie. The whole utterly lackluster nature of it all.
Mahmoud El-Azzeh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 09:43:15 PM »

I really liked that trailer. It's very moody and dark punctuated with the slow-motion John Woo-style gun-fighting. There are no winged mean in Max Payne as far as I'm aware so it may (and this is a guess) be just a metaphor for Max Payne being the Angel of Death. Has anyone else seen the Punisher 2 trailer incidentally? I was seeing parallels between the two, but this looks cooler.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: