Movie Moron
February 19, 2018, 11:03:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: STAR WARS Series In 3-D?  (Read 4641 times)
Angel Orona

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2008, 06:34:24 PM »

Despite being raised on the original series, I was never a huge STAR WARS geek.  While I did enjoy seeing the films as a kid and collecting the action figures they didn't have as significant an effect on my moviegoing as my peers.  The follow-up trilogy I found to a depressingly plodding attempt to beat a dead horse into fast food hamburger meat.  It also affirmed my belief that George Lucas had shot his creative load with the original series and hasn't returned its calls since then.  However this still hasn't stopped him from again returning to the dried out well with the upcoming animated feature STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS as well as a T.V. series.  Now comes word courtesy of Dreamworks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg that Lucas is now looking to repurpose all six films of the series into a 3-D format. 

3-D STAR WARS projects were again mentioned during the recent announcement that In-Three, the company which developed the previously mentioned ShoWest footage, would be using its proprietary "dimensionalization" technology to rework Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD into a new 3-D theatrical presentation.

A few years back test runs of the 3-D transformation of one in the episodes -- allegedly THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK -- were screened at ShowWest and were said to be "breathtaking".   It should also be noted that this strong reaction may come from the fact that EMPIRE is arguably the best film of the series.   However, the complete        opposite reaction -- Despair, suicidal tendencies, the gnashing of teeth -- is much more likely from STAR WARS I: THE PHANTOM MENACE when you have this coming out of the screen at you . . .

Source: Coming Soon
Tori

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 10:19:23 PM »

Is that how jar jar looked in The Phantom Menace?
Wow I haven't seen that movie since my dad bought it on vhs. I didnt remember how bad the cgi was....
Lucas needs to stop whoring out his movies for cash, im starting to hate him.
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 10:28:18 PM »

Here's a scene that should have been in Episode 1.

Jar Jar's untimely death -

Tori

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:33:02 PM »

That was a great scene. The sound of crash at the end was beautiful.
hanchan

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 02:42:07 AM »

bad lucas! no! put star wars down!

(that scene is seamless. odd, ain't it? feels totally natural. i like to think qui gon and obi wan just look at each other, shrug, and carry on about their business.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: