Movie Moron
December 17, 2014, 02:52:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook: The Movie  (Read 3902 times)
Adam Lubitow

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2008, 05:32:06 PM »

I admit it; I am a Facebook addict. I can't even begin to estimate the amount of time I've spent stalking old high school classmates, writing on people's walls sending ridiculous "gifts" and, yes, poking people. Yet in all my wasted hours, never once did I consider making a movie out of these activities, so kudos to Aaron Sorkin for seeing potential where I saw none. Sorkin has announced (through Facebook, of course) that he will be making a film about the creation of the social networking site for uber-producer Scott Rudin. I find myself less than enthused about this news. Maybe it's just me, but is there really that interesting a story here?

Lord help us if this film is a success though, you just know it's only a matter of time before another studio greenlights a competing movie about MySpace, and then we're all doomed. You think flashing, pink, glittery text is annoying coming from your monitor? Just imagine it plastered across a multiplex screen.

Sorkin has created a Facebook group for research purposes as well as to keep fans up to date on how the project is progressing. You can check it out here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=33807262256
Tori

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 08:26:25 PM »

Sounds really boring.
The only possible story that I could think of having any potential involving facebook, or myspace for that matter is about some 40 year old rapist pretending to be a little boy who wants to "chill" with middle school girls.
I wonder if something like that has been done, I certainly haven't seen it if it has.
Tyler Lovemark

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 04:54:57 AM »

Maybe they'll do it about the zombies vs vampires application and we could actually have a really cool Sci-fi Channel movie on our hands.  Hobo wars could provide some neat concepts as well.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 04:53:20 AM »

Maybe they should make the movie about a crazy man who officialy erases both and facebook and myspace, and then all the addicts will have to get real lives! 

That would to be catagorized as an action/thriller/horror/dumbasfuck

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS
Mahmoud El-Azzeh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 08:22:22 AM »

I swear MySpace have already been casting for a movie in the past year... haven't they??
Tori

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 11:15:32 AM »

Maybe they should make the movie about a crazy man who officialy erases both and facebook and myspace, and then all the addicts will have to get real lives! 
That would be amazing, there might be mass suicides though.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 03:55:48 PM »

yeah I defintley agree with you Tori!
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 04:08:13 PM »

This is just so painful, it shows just how out of touch with reality the so-called Hollywood Producers are, there is a mountain of original screenplays out there but they little, if anything in unearthing it.
Makes me cry a little deeper and a little longer inside.

The next scream you hear could be your own
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 04:26:54 PM »

I said this already on the front page version of the story, but I'm looking forward to it. Perhaps because I'm also involved in a website. It should have been an HBO movie though, not a theatrical release.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 06:14:59 PM »

yeah I am pretty intrested onto what the film is going to be about, I also sgree that they should of released to hbo or something along the line as that.

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: