Movie Moron
July 30, 2014, 11:20:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tucker Max script first review doesn't look good  (Read 1555 times)
Dom Duncombe

View Profile Email
« on: August 10, 2008, 09:40:16 PM »

For those of you who don't know who Tucker Max is; here's a short history lesson.

Way back in the day a young man named Tucker started his own personal website (tuckermax.com) and slowly began posting stories from his life on it (you could say he was one of the first bloggers). These stories mostly involved Max hanging out with his friends, insulting strangers, sleeping with women and generally being an asshole to people. However enough people found his site amusing to allow Max to make a living off it and in recent years he has published a couple of books that in turn sold well enough to get him a deal to write a biopic of his own life.

Now that script has been written and the movie is getting made, the first script reviews are starting to come out and they don't look good. Cecelia from Film industry bloggers had this to say about it:

Holy crap, It’s terrible. I’m talking Godawful. Even with the offensive factor set aside, it’s in my top 10 worst comedy scripts ever read (out of probably over a thousand). This thing is poorly structured, obvious and predictable at every turn, with flat, one-dimensional characters who ALL sound exactly the same and an ending that falls flatter than humorless girl in a Tucker Max story.

Now, regardless of whether you find Tucker Max's sense of humour hilarious or extremely misogynistic it is undeniably fascinating that a movie is being made based on the lifestory of an internet personality. Not a musician, not a poet or novelist, an internet superstar. The only other example of this being done I can think of is the Japanese film Densha Otoko.

I'll be very interested to see the finished product.

Source: Film Industry Bloggers
Tyler Lovemark

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 02:28:46 AM »

My friend just bought his book.  One of the saddest days of my life.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: