Movie Moron
July 31, 2014, 03:35:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Having problems joining the forum? E-mail the webmaster using the address here.

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF  (Read 13818 times)
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

Movie Moron Founder/Editor

View Profile Email
« on: August 21, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »

Damn I think we started this thread elsewhere, but I can't find it, so here we go -

Sheridan Passell

I edit the site and live in London.

I once nearly stabbed a burglar with a kitchen knife, when he got stuck trying to climb through my window.

I make a living in the film industry, while freelancing in the TV industry. I've worked with Jerry Springer, twice.

I have a huge collection of terrible horror films. Sometimes a friend will be visiting and they'll ask "Can I borrow a dvd?" and I'll say sure. They stand in front of the shelves for about 5 minutes then say "It's alright man."

I found out two days after the break-in at my flat that it was my brother in a ski mask playing a joke.

What about you?
Tyler Lovemark

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 01:55:04 PM »

I can't wait to introduce myself to the internet.

Tyler Lovemark.  I am a student at the Art Institute of Portland studying Game Art & Design.  I just moved up to Portland Oregon about a year ago from a small town about three hours south.

My roommate almost stabbed me with a kitchen knife because I swung around the corner to our kitchen very suddenly and stopped short in front of him.  Four inches farther and the knife would've stuck me in the gut.

My DVD collection consists of a ton of Seinfeld, some great eighties action flicks, and a bit of horror.  It's pretty small right now, I'm hoping to get some more Schwarzeneggar, Bronson, and 80s slashers in it.  Some of those obscure Japanese horror films are good, too.

Right now I'm procrastinating doing an essay and some drawing homework, I'm sure I will pay the price next week.
Mahmoud El-Azzeh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 07:31:24 PM »

Mahmoud El-Azzeh.

I am a film and film-making enthusiast/procastinator with a full-time job in sales based near Chelsea. I'm not really a new member of Movie-Moron at all but I used to be a regular contributor until I landed said job. If I'm not working, I'm watching movies, and if I'm not doing that, I'm on my Wii, and if not that, then I'm writing about movies. One day I might go back to script-writing again. Oh and I can't resist a good plug.

I once threatened my sister with a kitchen knife when I was 10 and she was 9. I thought it would scare her but she called my bluff, so there. Nothing scares that girl.

My taste in movies is very electic ranging from mainstream to obscure and my large DVD collection reflects this. I like lots of different kinds of movies and tend to appreciate sharp scripts and dumbass movies in equal regard (The Waterboy anyone?). Plus, anything with Milla Jovovich is fine by me.

It's way past my bedtime and I should be going to sleep as I have work tomorrow. Read my new Top 10 in the Horror Corner if you haven't already... Smiley (PLUG, PLUG, PLUG!) Shameless, I know.
Tori

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 08:44:33 PM »

Victoria (or Tori) Fennell.

Im a high school senior with no aspirations for the future except moving to NYC about 30 min away to get the hell out of my house and the 6 people and 4 pets I must endure daily. I have the vague desire to do something with film, hopefully acting but we'll see, I need some talent (which I don't know that I have) for that....unless their making another troll movie.....

I once threatened to stab my brother when he pissed me off, I think he really got scared. I have a temper. I was once also nearly stabbed when I went to California and helped someone spray paint sheep, but she missed and only cut my pants and a bit of my leg. Its a long story, boring ranch shit.

I have a large film collection compared to most people I know, probably around 150 DVDs and tv shows. I love all kinds of movies from action to classics to shitty monster movies on Monsters HD, and anything with James Franco (besides spider man 3) and Robert Downey Jr is cool with me.

Im a late night movie enthusiast and put off sleeping till 3 or 4am every day to either watch movies or read about movie news here. Its gonna suck when school starts.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 06:51:56 PM »

My name is Tanner Ross I live in Springfield Missouri, Brad Pitt is also from my home town, just though I'd throw that out.   I hope to finish school and go into writing screenplays for films one day.  I am currently a waiter at a Sushi resturant called Umi (it is so good!!) and I do music promotion for my friend Chris McCain.

I have never had any incidents with kitchen knives, but have always planned on if an intruder ever invades my home, they're gettin a kitchen knife strait to the eyeball!

I have an alright sized movie collection, about 300, most horror, but I like a wide range of films, I am very open minded when it comes down to it!

Some of my favorite actors/actresses would have to be Denzel Washington, Johnny Depp, Seth Rogen, Jack Black, Lesli Mann, Romany Malco, Brad Pitt, Juliette Lewis, Sammuel L. Jackson, Forest Whitaker, James Franco, Bill Murray, Christian Bale, Sid Haig, Bill Mosely, Bruce Willis, those are to just name a very few.  I could go on and on!

My favorite film makers would be Tarantino, Judd Apatow, Richard Kelly, David Fincher, Wes Craven, John Carpetner, Rob Zombie, Guillermo Del Toro, Joe Carnahan, Jim Jarmusch, Eli Roth, Michael Bay, Tobe Hooper, Coen Brothers, Hayao Miyazaki, Brad Fueller, Andrew Form the list could go on an on!

I also think Rachael McAdams and Scarlett Johansson are super fine!!

I watch movies all the time everyday, I study them to best of my knowledge!!  I hope to create films that make people explore parts of their minds that they never knew existed!!

Well that about raps me up!

Hope you have a little bit better understanding of who I am,

Much Luv,

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 07:47:45 PM »

I'm James, I live in Los Angeles, miss my home town of Tacoma, Washington, and work on all sorts of film and television projects including, but not limited to, House of the Dead 2, Showtime's Weeds, and that one Superbowl FedEx commercial with the cavemen.

I co-own my own business that comprises of one website, one magazine, and a whole lot of sleep deprivation. When I'm not sleeping or working, I make short films and write short stories.

One time when I was young I snuck up behind my sister while she was at her desk and she shoved a pair of scissors into my face. They hit me about 1/4 inch from my eyeball. She claims it was an accident, though what she was doing shoving a pair of scissors over her shoulder I will never know. But at least it wasn't a knife.

Stephen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 02:19:49 AM »

I'm Stephen. I live in Edmonds Washington. I like watching movies and listening to music. I watch alot of movies and I own alot of them. I grew watching all kinds of films. The music and movie industry interests me.
Currently I go to school at Edmonds Community College, then i'm going to a film school somewhere. I want to be a filmmaker. I want to write/direct/act in my own films.
I'm also starting a band. I play the guitar and sing. I also write the music.

I've never stabbed anyone or been stabbed.

Check out my youtube account at www.youtube.com/ReelMovieAirbags and maybe subscribe:)
Frank Perrotto

Still from the set of 'Timid'.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »

Hi all, my name is Frank Perrotto. I'm 31, recently married, and just moved to Marina del Rey, California. I'm originally from New Jersey, born and raised, and was living in Hoboken at the time my wife and I moved out here to Cali. She's a producer working in television (currently the Rachel Zoe Project for Bravo), and I'm an editor  currently working, ummm... nowhere! So if you know of anything, drop me a line!

Let me just get this out of the way first - never stabbed anyone and never been stabbed, but I do love to play with knives and take a little too much pleasure in using a well sharpened Global or Wusthof blade when cutting up a piece of meat for my dog. Like Bill the Butcher levels of fun...

Anyway, as far as schooling, I attended the Universal Directing/Producing Summer program at USC, which was the best experience I've ever had. Highly recommend their summer production workshops, especially that particular one. After that, I attended Full Sail in Orlando, FL, which I'd rather not talk about... ever. Most recently, I did the six week intensive at the Manhattan Edit Workshop about a year ago, and I also highly recommend it. If you have no experience, you'll leave with a good grasp of Avid and Final Cut, and if you already have some experience, you'll really up your game. Since then, I've moved up from assistant editor to editor for shows on VH1 and MTV (was moved up to editor on their show Man and Wife).

My favorite director is Kubrick. I have the Stanley Kubrick archives book, the original, not the new small version, and I'd say that qualifies me as a full-blown Kubrick fanatic. Other than him, I love Scorsese, P.T. Anderson, James Gray, Spielberg, Kurosawa, Coppola, Schatzberg, Friedkin, Ford, Hitchcock, etc. I'm really just a lover of all films, big and small. Most recent favorites are Iron Man, There Will Be Blood, Jesse James, Zodiac... and even The Incredible Hulk, just cause that's my favorite comic character of all time.

Besides editing, I just wrote, directed, and edited an indie feature called 'Timid' for just under $10k. I've always wanted to write and direct and have done many short films and a doc here and there, but this is the biggest thing to date. I'm actually going to post a separate thread elsewhere on movie-moron concerning the film and how it was made. The new trailer is currently on vimeo. It's on youtube as well, but their HD takes forever and the regular version looks crappy... so PLEASE, if you check it out, watch it on vimeo here: http://vimeo.com/3412756

Thanks all and I look forward to participating in future discussions!

No, I'm mostly interested in my hotels now... and my airline. - Clark W. Griswold
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 12:54:33 AM »

Awesome bio Frank! I will defintley checkout your link. You seem to have alot of expirence, I admire that! I am too A Kubrick fan, what is your favorite film of his?
Frank Perrotto

Still from the set of 'Timid'.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 03:27:53 PM »

Thanks! I have some experience, but it never seems to be enough and probably never will be. Definitely always learning...

Hmmm... favorite Kubrick film is The Shining, because I grew up with it (my parents were perhaps a little too liberal in what I was allowed to watch), but recently, Barry Lyndon is starting to edge it out. I love all his work, though... maybe not as much Fear and Desire (have a really bad quality dvd of it) and Killer's Kiss, but even then you can see some of his later style peaking through.

No, I'm mostly interested in my hotels now... and my airline. - Clark W. Griswold
ShellMyBell

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »

I'm shelly Smiley 22, brand NEWB on the site but nice to meet you guys, this is actually the first forum i've ever joined haha

Oh yea...I tried to upload a pic for my avatar but theres an error saying that the format isn't writeable sooo can someone message me or reply and let me know wtf?! lol
dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »

I had some userpic issues back in the day, in the ancient days of MM. Try uploading different formats and sizes.
T.ROSS

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 11:07:27 PM »

I'm shelly Smiley 22, brand NEWB on the site but nice to meet you guys, this is actually the first forum i've ever joined haha

Oh yea...I tried to upload a pic for my avatar but theres an error saying that the format isn't writeable sooo can someone message me or reply and let me know wtf?! lol

Yeah just ask sheridan with some help uploading a pic, he helpled me when I first joined! This was the first forum I joined too, this forum is so awesome, you can start a topic about anything and people will respond, I have joined some other forums, but never wrote anything, this is the only one I like. So feel free to discuss anything you want!

-T.ROSS PRODUCTIONS
David Hawk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 04:25:18 AM »

Oooh this is fun, why didn't i see this topic before?!

Anywhoo

I'm Dave Williamson although i go by David Hawk on my films

I was born in London's East End, raised in Essex and now live in Bristol, i miss the first two except after I've been back for a visit and then I'm glad I'm where i am now.

I make my living working in the media industry but freelance in the TV, Commercial, Music and Film industries i am a whore for hire, no shame.

I've been writing and directing my own films and music videos for over 10 years and have recently just shot my latest short Special Delivery and am currently in pre-production on my first feature.

My favourite all time Director is Alfred Hitchcock with David Fincher and close second.

I used to be in the British Army and no i can't tell you if I've ever shot anyone.

I'm mad on motorbikes but don't currently own one as it was stolen from me and yes i would use a knife to stab the thieving low-life if ever presented with the opportunity.

I share Sheridan's passion and collection for horrendous horror movies and am proud of the fact that not a single friend of mine has enjoyed any that i have been able to lend out and now none of them trust me judgement when it comes to reviewing horror movies.

The next scream you hear could be your own
burnsey1980

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 09:37:59 AM »

Hey folks im alan and im from scotland. i live with my partner and my 1 year old daughter erin whos just starting to walk and cause havoc! Love the film blow with johnny depp, and a film called clay pigeons with vince vaughn and joaquin phoenix.

I joined this forum coz i love movies and talkin about them but no one i know shares my enthusiasm! Im in the middle of tryin my hand at writing something, although its just a kids book! ha

If you dont care, then why are you singing out?
Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 08:16:31 PM »

Hey Alan. Welcome to the forum. I'd never even heard of Clay Pigeons -

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2982019353/

You can date a film to the late 90s just by the fact that Janeane Garofalo is in it.

What's the kids' book about?
burnsey1980

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 03:17:38 AM »

My daughters 1st 2 words are the basis of my book. my mother in law has a dog named zak(1st word), followed quickly with duck(she plays with these in the bath). So im writing a book called the adventures of zak and duck. Its all about a missing bone. My friend doin some artwork for it for me. Its coming along better than i imagined.

If u havent seen clay pigeons i recommend it, a black comedy thats a little bit strange.

Ive never stabbed anyone, ive never been stabbed but theres still time.

Sheridan Passell
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 08:12:50 AM »

That's a great title for a kids' book. Are you going to try and get it published, what's the plan of action?
burnsey1980

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 09:00:16 AM »

this is my 1st attempt at anything like this, i dont really have a plan of action yet. my partner thinks i could get it published when its finished, but she could be just saying that. even if i just get 1 copy made for erin id be happy with that. im actually enjoyin tryin to write it, its taking on a life of its own

dalmatianjaws

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 12:42:07 PM »

Dude that's so awesome! I tried to write a kids book in college and failed miserably.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: